Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be a bit pissed off if we signed him. We've got young talent in our academy, yet we maybe about to splash out 40 million, after signing sterling for 49 million in the summer. I don't see what goes on in training, but Roberts or barker haven't even got a chance. Isco made a bit more sense, proven class player who can play central too. Not for me this signing. Can't wait to get bummed for this comment.
I won't bum you. You make a good point that our academy will be discouraged by this.

All I can say is that I understand why Txiki would do it if he thinks Sane is Ballon d'Or level potential. Probability wise, it's unlikely we have that type potential at the academy. Even the best academies can't produce those players consistently.

It's also possible we created the academy with the idea that we wouldn't develop any great talents for six or seven years, and in the meantime use it to generate extra revenue. The prices for domestic players in the Premier League are absolutely mad right now with the influx of money. Naismith for 9m, for instance. And he's not even homegrown. I know what we say in the press, it's just hard to reconcile that with our purchasing behavior. Seems we look at our academy first, but we do so ruthlessly. If a player doesn't have the potential to be world class, we have no problem spunking fortunes young talents.

Very possible this is a demand by Guardiola.

Last edited:
I'd rather have Isco too.

Id rather have a proper central midfielder or a striker if we're buying in January. I can't see the logic in this one, after spending 100 million on attacking midfielders in the summer, you'd think we'd target weaker areas. He may well turn out to be brilliant player if he signed, but I'd prefer us to keep the 40 million and give barker or Roberts a chance. If they don't work out, buy this lad in the summer. It's not my money, and we've got plenty of it. We just seem to be splashing out cash without really thinking what we need most.

I'd love us to sign Isco though, what a player. He can play next to Fernandinho too which is a massive plus.

Id rather have a proper central midfielder or a striker if we're buying in January. I can't see the logic in this one, after spending 100 million on attacking midfielders in the summer, you'd think we'd target weaker areas. He may well turn out to be brilliant player if he signed, but I'd prefer us to keep the 40 million and give barker or Roberts a chance. If they don't work out, buy this lad in the summer. It's not my money, and we've got plenty of it. We just seem to be splashing out cash without really thinking what we need most.

I'd love us to sign Isco though, what a player. He can play next to Fernandinho too which is a massive plus.

And if there are no suitable available

I'd much rather spend £25-30m on Andre Gomes, £20m on Gundogan or whatever the fuck it costs to get Pogba to replace Yaya than spend £40m on another winger to be honest. He'd be on the bench, while we've been short in central midfield for about 5 years now. Or a couple of young fullbacks. This seems a bit unnecessary

And if there are no suitable available

Another centre back is debatable. I'd be tempted to let Martin leave this January and get a solid defender in. We've then got the small problem of having five defenders in the summer, one of them being denayer who I really want to see in our team. It's a bit of tricky one the centre back position.

There a no top class central midfielders, strikers or defenders available though.

Isco looks like he could be gettable and Sane is clearly one for the future.

If we leave it until the summer Bayern might move in and considering he is looking like next top class German talent it will be likely that they will be interested, especially considering Robben and Ribery are now in their thirties.

Going in now may be our best bet if we really want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.