Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guardiola & Sane both better be top if we're spending x amount to please them both!

I know it's quite a divisive topic but at what point do we actually give our own kids a go?

There has to be a point where they get more than 10 minutes at end of a cup game so we can actually find out if we have our own 'Sane' 'De Bruyne' 'Sterling' etc.
Of all our kids who didn't get a chance here, how many of them have gone on to a top club? Phenomenal talent isn't that hard to spot, academies can nurture them but they don't make em. When you spot a phenom, you should go get him. The academy might some day produce some, and thos ones too will be fastracked like anywhere else. Truth be told, a good number of our academy players can make our main squad as role players, but almost none will project to becoming a star. So when there is a talent that look destined to become a star, you don't go "no, we've got kids in our academy who need a chance." Barca wasn't short of of talented wide forwards, Delefeou, Bojan, Assulin, Traore, Munir e.t.c coming thru their academy. When they chose too go for Neymar. When your evaluation suggests there' is a star in the making, you move for him.

I'm not saying I want Sane, simply pointing out the reason to not want him should never be 'our academy lads wouldn't get a chance.

Of all our kids who didn't get a chance here, how many of them have gone on to a top club? Phenomenal talent isn't that hard to spot, academies can nurture them but they don't make em. When you spot a phenom, you should go get him. The academy might some day produce some, and thos ones too will be fastracked like anywhere else. Truth be told, a good number of our academy players can make our main squad as role players, but almost none will project to becoming a star. So when there is a talent that look destined to become a star, you don't go "no, we've got kids in our academy who need a chance." Barca wasn't short of of talented wide forwards, Delefeou, Bojan, Assulin, Traore, Munir e.t.c coming thru their academy. When they chose too go for Neymar. When your evaluation suggests there' is a star in the making, you move for him.

I'm not saying I want Sane, simply pointing out the reason to not want him should never be 'our academy lads wouldn't get a chance.

Good post..completely agree..if they become good enough to play at the very top level..or at least have huge potential..then they will get a chance

Personally I don't think any of current kids will ply their trade at the very top..barring maybe Nacho..maybe Denayer

Good post..completely agree..if they become good enough to play at the very top level..or at least have huge potential..then they will get a chance

Personally I don't think any of current kids will ply their trade at the very top..barring maybe Nacho..maybe Denayer
"ANY of the current kids?" Ouch. I hope your wrong.

West Ham fans couldn't have foreseen the career Lampard went on to have; it's fundamental that players get exposure to top-level football in order to develop. If the talent in our youth ranks gets that they'll have great careers, no question.

Look at the trophy hauls and top-level longevity of Lampard, Joe Cole and Owen; 15 years ago the later two were regarded as destined to be amongst the best in the world, while it was suggested Lampard would have a decent career, yet it's Frank who ends up the most decorated in terms of goals, caps and medals.

Sane looks special, but we should have a bit more dignity and take pride in developing the unquestionable abundance of talent we already have within the club.

The squad restrictions in the CL and PL are the significant factors shaping our buying behaviour and the decision to invest in the academy. If we bought Sane or any other foreign player this window they would have to drop in to the squad on a one in one out basis – and for CL Nacho and Roberts are already out. That is the significant factor that would stop us buying anyone in, any player you omit you effectively right off (as happened when Bony replaced Jovetic).

Baring the odd exception EDS players are eligible for both competitions and will be free additions in the squad lists as seniors so they have a huge advantage. It is up to them to step up and make the most of that position. I think Denayer is the only one so far who has hit the level and I can see him braking through next year.

I think the interest we show in the likes of Sane or Isco at this stage is groundwork for the summer, showing our interest and laying some foundations. If either are definitely on the move in Jan than I just don’t see how we fit them in the squad or in the team.

The squad restrictions in the CL and PL are the significant factors shaping our buying behaviour and the decision to invest in the academy. If we bought Sane or any other foreign player this window they would have to drop in to the squad on a one in one out basis – and for CL Nacho and Roberts are already out. That is the significant factor that would stop us buying anyone in, any player you omit you effectively right off (as happened when Bony replaced Jovetic).

Baring the odd exception EDS players are eligible for both competitions and will be free additions in the squad lists as seniors so they have a huge advantage. It is up to them to step up and make the most of that position. I think Denayer is the only one so far who has hit the level and I can see him braking through next year.

I think the interest we show in the likes of Sane or Isco at this stage is groundwork for the summer, showing our interest and laying some foundations. If either are definitely on the move in Jan than I just don’t see how we fit them in the squad or in the team.

Well Isco is cup tied anyway, and we already know Pellegrini will omit an injured player to make room for a new signing like he did with Jovetic. Nasri being out until April is the obvious bet.

Sane is 19, he'd not need to be registered in the PL as he's u21.

I assume Sane is a summer thing, but if Isco is going to leave Real at all, I think January makes more sense with his complete lack of game time since early November and the Euros coming around fast.

If we are to have a large squad, the academy needs to produce 4 players to occupy the club trained spots in the CL squad rules. until then we will be limited to 21 man squads.

This transfer not going to happen this month .

Not unless we sell Nasri and Fernando .

As far as I'm aware, Denayer will not be classed as home grown either (on account of being on loan out of England for 2 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.