Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all our kids who didn't get a chance here, how many of them have gone on to a top club? Phenomenal talent isn't that hard to spot, academies can nurture them but they don't make em. When you spot a phenom, you should go get him. The academy might some day produce some, and thos ones too will be fastracked like anywhere else. Truth be told, a good number of our academy players can make our main squad as role players, but almost none will project to becoming a star. So when there is a talent that look destined to become a star, you don't go "no, we've got kids in our academy who need a chance." Barca wasn't short of of talented wide forwards, Delefeou, Bojan, Assulin, Traore, Munir e.t.c coming thru their academy. When they chose too go for Neymar. When your evaluation suggests there' is a star in the making, you move for him.

I'm not saying I want Sane, simply pointing out the reason to not want him should never be 'our academy lads wouldn't get a chance.

thats the past though, not relevant to the talented young players we have now. if players like denayer, roberts dont get a chance and we buy some 19 year old for 40 m seems stupid to me. None will become stars ? whats that based on ? how do you know that.

Good post..completely agree..if they become good enough to play at the very top level..or at least have huge potential..then they will get a chance

Personally I don't think any of current kids will ply their trade at the very top..barring maybe Nacho..maybe Denayer
None of them ? How the hell can you know how a whole group of 15 16 17 18 19 year old will turn out when they are 21 plus? Strange post IBH

thats the past though, not relevant to the talented young players we have now. if players like denayer, roberts dont get a chance and we buy some 19 year old for 40 m seems stupid to me. None will become stars ? whats that based on ? how do you know that.
If the argument waa "why waste money on a young star from somewhere else when our young ones are about bound to become one" I get that argument. If some kid from our youth setup goes on to be Pogba at say Inter, and we chose to pay 50 million at his position for someone his age, I'm with you, I'll be livid.
But this notion of not buying so we could give our youth a chance seems silly to me, I'd they are good enough for the highest level, it will show, and they will be fast tracked. But the truth is most aren't. Not just at our academy, in every academy in the world. Only about 5% of player become Super great, and considering the number of academies in the world, what are the chances any academy has a multitude of those future stars? Almost Zero. Thus, if you are financially strong, you try to buy the best at many levels, and hopefully you get a superstar. And sometimes produce one in your academy over ac30 year period.

Our academy will produce lots of Prem starters, buy superstar quality players are a function of luck. Shalke has Sane, if he goes world bunkers, this wouldn't mean Shalke will produce another soon.

You get them where and when you can. Academy players will get their chance ( the very best of them.) But most will have a Football career in the Prem or championship at some other club. That's just how big teams operate.

If the argument waa "why waste money on a young star from somewhere else when our young ones are about bound to become one" I get that argument. If some kid from our youth setup goes on to be Pogba at say Inter, and we chose to pay 50 million at his position for someone his age, I'm with you, I'll be livid.
But this notion of not buying so we could give our youth a chance seems silly to me, I'd they are good enough for the highest level, it will show, and they will be fast tracked. But the truth is most aren't. Not just at our academy, in every academy in the world. Only about 5% of player become Super great, and considering the number of academies in the world, what are the chances any academy has a multitude of those future stars? Almost Zero. Thus, if you are financially strong, you try to buy the best at many levels, and hopefully you get a superstar. And sometimes produce one in your academy over ac30 year period.

Our academy will produce lots of Prem starters, buy superstar quality players are a function of luck. Shalke has Sane, if he goes world bunkers, this wouldn't mean Shalke will produce another soon.

You get them where and when you can. Academy players will get their chance ( the very best of them.) But most will have a Football career in the Prem or championship at some other club. That's just how big teams operate.

Couldn't have said it better. Everyone calls for all these kids to make the jump but realistically if we had 10 players between the U16s and EDS that even go on to be squad players for us that would be remarkable. Many will come and go but that is what the CFA is for. It will allow us to develop some for our squad and develop others for money made off transfers. We're too big of a club to not be in for hot prospects from other clubs in Europe, ergo there will be players in our own academy who do not get the chance. Football is a business.

The problem is buying these potential future stars during their formative years. If Sane is to move here it is hard to see him getting 1st team opportunities the way we are run today. So he plays in EDS matches only and doesn't continue on his current trajectory and stagnates instead of growing into a player. I'm not suggesting that the only way to cultivate a star is to force feed them minutes but it is hard to achieve the level we require if you aren't playing regular, match intensity football at a level that challenges you.

Using someone like Roberts as an example, he'd have been far better as a footballer having stayed at Fulham or jumping to a lower Prem team (financially is surely another story). He's now spent the better part of a season only practicing and playing at a level lower than he was already competing at. That just can't be good for helping him blossom into MCFC material.

There's some interesting stuff in the Sane videos posted but he didn't look ready for our first team to my eyes. If he's really a Pep target I'd happily defer but until we can exhibit more of a plan for how we can turn these young talents into first teamers than "hope they impress in training" then it's kind of crazy for any player to come here excepting salary

The problem is buying these potential future stars during their formative years. If Sane is to move here it is hard to see him getting 1st team opportunities the way we are run today. So he plays in EDS matches only and doesn't continue on his current trajectory and stagnates instead of growing into a player. I'm not suggesting that the only way to cultivate a star is to force feed them minutes but it is hard to achieve the level we require if you aren't playing regular, match intensity football at a level that challenges you.

Using someone like Roberts as an example, he'd have been far better as a footballer having stayed at Fulham or jumping to a lower Prem team (financially is surely another story). He's now spent the better part of a season only practicing and playing at a level lower than he was already competing at. That just can't be good for helping him blossom into MCFC material.

There's some interesting stuff in the Sane videos posted but he didn't look ready for our first team to my eyes. If he's really a Pep target I'd happily defer but until we can exhibit more of a plan for how we can turn these young talents into first teamers than "hope they impress in training" then it's kind of crazy for any player to come here excepting salary

If the reported fee is true then there is no way we will put him in the EDS having spent around £40m for him.

If we are willing to spend that much on him then we will feel he is ready to play for us.

His raw pace is exciting and he's definitely one of the better teenage talents in Germany. He's more potential than current gameday ability though.

While he may be ready to contribute with us, people already criticize Sterling's end quality. Sane is way more raw than Sterling, so I fear for his confidence with how some in the fanbase are.

His raw pace is exciting and he's definitely one of the better teenage talents in Germany. He's more potential than current gameday ability though.

While he may be ready to contribute with us, people already criticize Sterling's end quality. Sane is way more raw than Sterling, so I fear for his confidence with how some in the fanbase are.
We can always leave him at Shalke for a year or 2.

I agree with this, the shit sterling gets of many of our fans already especially when you consider his stats in a new team at such a young age( yes his age is important) just because he cost £44mill(not £49 yet) is a joke so spending upwards of £30 mill on a player like Sane people will want instant miracles from him. The only positive I see is we will have pep then and he will in my opinion he will dramatically improve players like Sterling and Sane and help them realise there potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.