Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is buying these potential future stars during their formative years. If Sane is to move here it is hard to see him getting 1st team opportunities the way we are run today. So he plays in EDS matches only and doesn't continue on his current trajectory and stagnates instead of growing into a player. I'm not suggesting that the only way to cultivate a star is to force feed them minutes but it is hard to achieve the level we require if you aren't playing regular, match intensity football at a level that challenges you.

Using someone like Roberts as an example, he'd have been far better as a footballer having stayed at Fulham or jumping to a lower Prem team (financially is surely another story). He's now spent the better part of a season only practicing and playing at a level lower than he was already competing at. That just can't be good for helping him blossom into MCFC material.

There's some interesting stuff in the Sane videos posted but he didn't look ready for our first team to my eyes. If he's really a Pep target I'd happily defer but until we can exhibit more of a plan for how we can turn these young talents into first teamers than "hope they impress in training" then it's kind of crazy for any player to come here excepting salary

Similar was said about Sterling when we signed him, yet we've used him as often as we can. Pep is also a big advocate of youth, so I highly doubt he'd request Txiki to buy Sanè if he wasn't going to use him.

Is he better than Sterling?

No, he isn't.

He may become as good as Sterling or better. But he isn't better than Sterling was at that age. Nor was he better than some of our kids when he went into their first team.

I recon some of our kids would have been just as good as him or Sterling had they had the same opportunities Sterling & Sane got. Sane is a real potential talent. However his main talent is running fast with the ball & shooting etc.He isn't David Silva or Zidane on the ball at this point, he is direct & exciting. He runs, he crosses he shoots he gets it wrong sometimes, quite a bit in fact, but who cares ? He's a kid, with talent. In other words he plays just like some of our best kids. The difference is, he is already two years ahead in development as he has been given a chance where they haven't.

I hope we do sign him as he will be very exciting to watch & give us exciting hope for the future, just like Rony Lopes did v West ham, before we sacked him.

Unfortunately we are in this phase where the manger has effectively been a caretaker, coming towards the end of his career, & has little interest in anything but going out with a bang & the kids have suffered.

No, he isn't.

Unfortunately we are in this phase where the manger has effectively been a caretaker, coming towards the end of his career, & has little interest in anything but going out with a bang & the kids have suffered.

Yes, that must explain why we've played fewer kids this year than ever before, and given out fewer debuts than in any of Pellegrini's other seasons, because he's just a caretaker now.

He's been a caretaker for 3 years.

Pep might be the same re kids for all I know, but I doubt it.

Well considering Pellegrini the caretaker obviously isn't behind any pursuit of Sané, it's probably going to be Guardiola's work isn't it, so don't get your hopes up that we'll be fielding the entire EDS next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.