Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently yes.

Had Roberts or some of our other kids had the same opportunities to learn first team football, maybe not .
Scottish football is not the best, but the one thing it is is very physical, and he's managed to impose himself on that League. The physical demands were the only question mark hanging over him, and he's answered that. Guardiola must know about this player. One of the best young players I have seen in a long time.

Scottish football is not the best, but the one thing it is is very physical, and he's managed to impose himself on that League. The physical demands were the only question mark hanging over him, and he's answered that. Guardiola must know about this player. One of the best young players I have seen in a long time.

I like Paddy...he will get his chance

He still has a long long way to go imo. He's just starting to learn how to del with the physical stuff but his stamina drops off alarmingly. Great footballer but just one of many at our academy imo.

The season Sane came through, he had a very good game at our place then went straight into the first team & took his chance. Meanwhile Barker, who had often looked even better that season, is still waiting for his, 18 months later.

Sane, like Rashford, had the door opened for him, learned & went up a level. Ours EDS lads were left way behind. But some wil catch up, imo. Roberts may be one, but it will be a good test in Scotland.

I wouldn't say he's answered it mate. He's just beginning to learn to answer it. And only in the last few games.

'Winger' keeps getting mentioned, but surely nobody Pep signs will play as a 'winger' ?

They will take up wide positions for the sake of the team formation, of course, but then surely become wide strikers or alternatively midfielders, depending on whether they are attackers or midfielders he's picked in the 'wide' positions on the day.

Aguero or Iheanacho or alternatively Fernandinho even Angelino etc can do that, depending on what type of team he puts out. Maybe changing 3 times in the game.

I imagine Sane & Aboomerang will play in some kind of '3' most of the time, if signed ?

Well would you consider Robben, Ribery, Costa or Coman wingers? They'll be wingers in that sense.

From what I saw at the tail end of last season, he's definitely not cracked the physical side yet. He drifted in and out of games, got really clearly tired, and was still getting barged off the ball a lot more than someone like Sterling, who is obviously physically capable despite being small.

In a years time he'll be ready, and the experience of playing in Europe and winning some silverware will be good for him.

He still has a long long way to go imo. He's just starting to learn how to del with the physical stuff but his stamina drops off alarmingly. Great footballer but just one of many at our academy imo.

The season Sane came through, he had a very good game at our place then went straight into the first team & took his chance. Meanwhile Barker, who had often looked even better that season, is still waiting for his, 18 months later.

Sane, like Rashford, had the door opened for him, learned & went up a level. Ours EDS lads were left way behind. But some wil catch up, imo. Roberts may be one, but it will be a good test in Scotland.

Last season Faupala, Angelino, Tosin, Humphries, Aleix Garcia, Manu Garcia, and Iheanacho all got given debuts.

Barker is clearly better than some of those, and he was passed over. I think it's pretty clear that the management were making a point of not giving him his debut, for some reason other than his playing ability.

Well would you consider Robben, Ribery, Costa or Coman wingers? They'll be wingers in that sense.

From what I saw at the tail end of last season, he's definitely not cracked the physical side yet. He drifted in and out of games, got really clearly tired, and was still getting barged off the ball a lot more than someone like Sterling, who is obviously physically capable despite being small.

Last season Faupala, Angelino, Tosin, Humphries, Aleix Garcia, Manu Garcia, and Iheanacho all got given debuts.

Barker is clearly better than some of those, and he was passed over. I think it's pretty clear that the management were making a point of not giving him his debut, for some reason other than his playing ability.

Not sure about that.

Pozo got played at cf the previous season in spite of being out of form & 3ft high & never really recovered. You could be right but I think it's just that the manager didn't care one way or the other.

Re wingers, I meant that I don't think Pep really played/plays 'wingers' in the true sense. They are either wide mids or wide strikers depending on the opposition. So in one game for example Aguero could be the 'winger' but in the next it could be Fernandinho. Both would go out wide, but their jobs would be totally different.

Yes,his attitude isnt right.

I imagine if it was,talent wise,he'd be at least a match for Sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.