Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've posted a list of wingers who failed under Guardiola, or players which Guardiola used there in an emergency and quickly moved them back to their normal positions and then compared them to Isco - so that pretty much says it all. And all of them except Götze - are much faster than Isco.

Also - point to a game where Zidane started him out wide. I don't recall him doing it even once.

Benitez did, especially when Bale was injured, but Zidane put a stop to it immediately and got a proper winger in - Vasquez.

Because Isco was useless there. Zidane didn't go and bring a 24 year old serial loanee in from the cold because Isco was doing such a great job on the wing.
Yes. In case you missed it, that was the whole point!

The crux of my claim was that City will probably get 2 Wingers and no other CM, or get acCMnlike Isco whobis a Tweener. I.e could also be used on the wing. Like Iniesta, like Muller, like Goetze.

But like I said, you are just going to keep arguing. Coz this is malleable. You now admitted he got played on the wings, you've also admitted that Pep plays CMs on the wing in spots. I suggested we bring in Isco as a CM who can play sometimes on the wing.

I'm fairly certain you understand the idea now. So this can end. :)

Yes. In case you missed it, that was the whole point!

But like I said, you are just going to keep arguing. Coz this is malleable. You now admitted he got played on the wings

I haven't "now admitted he got played on the wings" - my first comment to you said he played on the wings - and he was shit there.

My point was that Pep likes proper wingers, he'd never entertain signing Isco as central midfield and wing cover, because he doesn't suit it. We've got several players already who would be much better at it anyway if an emergency happened.

I haven't "now admitted he got played on the wings" - my first comment to you said he played on the wings - and he was shit there.

My point was that Pep likes proper wingers, he'd never entertain signing Isco as central midfield and wing cover, because he doesn't suit it. We've got several players already who would be much better at it anyway if an emergency happened.
Cool

Why is it an error??

The kids only 19, he still needs to improve

Besides he wouldn't get any game time which is why he's on loan
He's 19 now. By the time he can play for City, he'll be 20. Kelechi is 19.

It clearly was a mistake after the season he has had. Most exciting young player on City's books and at his age they get the confidence and come on in leaps and bounds so the loan period should have been for one season not two. You can then loan him out again if necessary. Totally unnecessary to loan him for two and I am sure we are regretting that now

It clearly was a mistake after the season he has had. Most exciting young player on City's books and at his age they get the confidence and come on in leaps and bounds so the loan period should have been for one season not two. You can then loan him out again if necessary. Totally unnecessary to loan him for two and I am sure we are regretting that now

It's an 18 month long loan.

6 months would have been completely pointless, he'd not have played anything like as much if Celtic thought he was going back in June, and if we're desperate for an 19 year to come back in January then we'll have serious problems

18 months suited all parties, I really doubt anyone is regretting it.

I think he's too lightweight & not quite fit enough for that position in the Prem. I actually think Diaz will be as strong by autumn, as Roberts is now. One more season should show us if he has enough & Rogers will have similar requirements to Pep, so it could be like getting a new signing next season. Or, he could go missing. Either way, on this occasion, I've decided I'm all for this loan. We will find out a lot about him.

No one is every completely ready. I agree he has got a great opportunity and it's been good for him, but if I were Pep I'd have liked to have a look at him this Summer. The goals he scored at his age for Celtic in big matches against reasonable teams were outstanding.

No one is every completely ready. I agree he has got a great opportunity and it's been good for him, but if I were Pep I'd have liked to have a look at him this Summer. The goals he scored at his age for Celtic in big matches against reasonable teams were outstanding.

You aren't getting it. PEP OK'D THIS MOVE. So stop saying Pep would have wanted to see the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.