Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
He signed in January of 14. He has been in the academy 2 years and thus qualifies as U21 for the CL. Next season he will qualify as Academy trained.

I don't think he was properly registered until February 2015 when he was granted a work permit

He signed in January of 14. He has been in the academy 2 years and thus qualifies as U21 for the CL. Next season he will qualify as Academy trained.
I don't think he was eligible to play until the start of last season, partly because he couldn't sign a professional contract until he hit 18 and partly because he had to wait for the work permit. He made his first appearance on the bench last August in the first game of the season.

From UEFA regs:

43.11 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1994 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

I don't think he was eligible to play until the start of last season, partly because he couldn't sign a professional contract until he hit 18 and partly because he had to wait for the work permit. He made his first appearance on the bench last August in the first game of the season.

From UEFA regs:

43.11 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1994 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

Hmmm that does seem more complicated than I thought. Sounds like you guys may be right.

Yes,his attitude isnt right.

I imagine if it was,talent wise,he'd be at least a match for Sane.

How do you know it's attitude?

If attitude was to blame surely Khaldoon wouldn't have mentioned him in his end of season review as someone who will get his chance.

Heard lots of people say Barker's attitude and application is very poor. Typical young British footballer. cant really compare him to Sane who's light years ahead on his development.
I watched a couple of live games the season before last where he played and his work rate was appalling. Very noticeable in the FAYC final at home to Chelsea, he was invisible.

I watched a couple of live games the season before last where he played and his work rate was appalling. Very noticeable in the FAYC final at home to Chelsea, he was invisible.

He's a winger, he will be invisible if we don't get the service to him. He's not a Silva type player who will go looking for the ball. Just like Sterling this year, it maybe a confidence issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.