Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard lots of people say Barker's attitude and application is very poor. Typical young British footballer. cant really compare him to Sane who's light years ahead on his development.

Barker will never make it at City, he lacks the desire to improve and already thinks he's hit the big time. I remember when he came on v Chelsea in the FA Cup and in the 15 minutes he showed no willingness to track back or even run.

Onto Sane though, what a signing he'd be, I first remember him playing v our EDS and he immediately looked a class above, he's someone who's worked unbelievably hard and has seized his opportunity with both hands. He'd be a phenomenal addition.

Barker will never make it at City, he lacks the desire to improve and already thinks he's hit the big time. I remember when he came on v Chelsea in the FA Cup and in the 15 minutes he showed no willingness to track back or even run.

Onto Sane though, what a signing he'd be, I first remember him playing v our EDS and he immediately looked a class above, he's someone who's worked unbelievably hard and has seized his opportunity with both hands. He'd be a phenomenal addition.

My only slight worry with Sane is that I don't want to see his development stunted and I don't want to see Raheem's development stunted. Pep doesn't really do "competition" in his squads, people generally tend to know their place. If we bring Sane in I hope it's so that both him and Raheem are our wide attackers and not so that one of them is constantly on the bench.

My only slight worry with Sane is that I don't want to see his development stunted and I don't want to see Raheem's development stunted. Pep doesn't really do "competition" in his squads, people generally tend to know their place. If we bring Sane in I hope it's so that both him and Raheem are our wide attackers and not so that one of them is constantly on the bench.

I honestly don't know how Pep would set up if both Auba & Sane come in. Could be

Ilkay
Kev Auba
Sterling Kun Sane

Its certainly a nice problem to have :)

You aren't getting it. PEP OK'D THIS MOVE. So stop saying Pep would have wanted to see the lad.
How could Pep know anything about the player. I bet he'd never seen him play. Granted Celtic might not have gone for the loan if it wasn't for 18 months, well then don't do it. There would have been other clubs interested. It's been a great move for the player, and of course there are positives, but we know now that he's at the point where he'd be ready to start the odd game, and I am sure we wouldn't be looking at wide forwards - not before Pep had a chance to work with him in pre-season.

I honestly don't know how Pep would set up if both Auba & Sane come in. Could be

Ilkay
Kev Auba
Sterling Kun Sane

Its certainly a nice problem to have :)

You read this a lot and IMO I don't think it's true at all. It's not a nice problem to have, it's just a problem. You're just going to end up pissing off a very expensive asset, or unnecessarily changing the team to accommodate everyone rather than letting it settle and grow. I don't think we need to buy both Auba and Sane if we have any serious designs about Sterling. Navas is someone who would be happier to stay and play more of a back up sub role and still be plenty effective when called upon. All three of Auba, Sterling and Sane should be playing every minute they're fit, but you can't put them all in the same side with De Bruyne and Aguero.

All this talk about fitting into the team... Really you all know it's a squad game and there isn't such a thing as "first choice" XI. Would you play the same team at home to Rotherham in the League Cup as away at Bayern in CL?

If a player doesn't understand and accept that he will not play every game then he has no place on our target list.

Moaners moaned about Peller's lack of back up players and plans B and C, now moaners moaning about building a quality squad that can play more than one way. And don't we want players working harder to get the chance to start games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.