Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most overrated players, you think Sterling gets shit on here, this guy is even worse, pure pace, zero end product and an average dribbler

My only slight worry with Sane is that I don't want to see his development stunted and I don't want to see Raheem's development stunted. Pep doesn't really do "competition" in his squads, people generally tend to know their place. If we bring Sane in I hope it's so that both him and Raheem are our wide attackers and not so that one of them is constantly on the bench.

Could Pep's convert Sane into central midfield alongside Gundogan and Fernandinho?

Interesting.

So more of a Martial situation?

We will certainly have proper bench options next season.

At times last season it really stood out how poor our options were.

Think so yeah. He looks to be a player who's physically very developed for his age too which is probably where the shouts about him becoming a striker are coming from.

Out of curiosity, with the euros starting tonight, what you saying on what happens next? I reckon other than Laporte and potentially Auba, everything else is on hold in terms of announcements/deals until after the euros.

My only slight worry with Sane is that I don't want to see his development stunted and I don't want to see Raheem's development stunted. Pep doesn't really do "competition" in his squads, people generally tend to know their place. If we bring Sane in I hope it's so that both him and Raheem are our wide attackers and not so that one of them is constantly on the bench.

When people say Pep doesn't do competition, it's because he rotates so heavily that there's no 1st XI and subs - there's just the group of 16/17. The opposite of Mourinho, who has a really clearly defined XI and plays it every week.

At Bayern for example - Costa, Coman, Ribery and Robben. 99% of the time only 2 play, but they all play a lot.

You go back to the midfield in his first season - Lahm, Thiago, Schweingsteiger, Kroos, Gotze and sometimes Martinez as well, all competing for 3 midfield positions.

Balancing Sané, Sterling and Aubameyang really shouldn't be an issue for him. Sané can play left, right or striker, Sterling can play left, right or behind the striker, Aubameyang can play left, right or striker.

I imagine there'll be a constant rotation with 2 playing and one on the bench.

Think so yeah. He looks to be a player who's physically very developed for his age too which is probably where the shouts about him becoming a striker are coming from.

Out of curiosity, with the euros starting tonight, what you saying on what happens next? I reckon other than Laporte and potentially Auba, everything else is on hold in terms of announcements/deals until after the euros.

I'd expect so. No team boss is going to let a transfer permeate the camp.

Even those two you mention, added to Gundo, would mean an initial early outlay of £120m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I like about the players we are linked heavily with they can all play different positions when called on that's why Pep usually has a smaller core of players imo

That's what I like about the players we are linked heavily with they can all play different positions when called on that's why Pep usually has a smaller core of players imo

We could even see Pep overloading the wings with two wide men at times?

I remember when they came back against Juventus, they had two wingers on each side and the goals came from crosses.

The word in Germany is that most of the scouts who watch Sane think he's going to end up a centre forward.

Interesting.

So more of a Martial situation?

We will certainly have proper bench options next season.

At times last season it really stood out how poor our options were.

Again it also becomes another perfect example of how important multifunctional players are. We're certainly stockpiling attackers but when you consider the games we'll be playing, they become absolutely invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.