Les Chapman - Tales of Blue

I'm more asking why do so many feel the need to dislike Chapman so much?
Because as has been stated and is common knowledge the Sock Washer was selling negative story's about what was going on behind the scenes. Running to his rag mates in the press spewing out his hatred of Mancini. Maybe Bobby just couldn't stand him pulling faces every day and acting the **** & brought him down a peg.

Mancini should be a lot more respected than he is for what he did, winning the FA cup and the PL the following season plus smashing the rags 6-1 away. I'll be forever grateful to him.
Mancini is respected by virtually all City fans for the reasons you state and he always will be and rightly so. It’s just there is two or three self appointed ITK’s on here (who actually know fuck all) who happened to dislike him so try to ruin his legacy. It ain’t never gonna happen. They are pissing in the wind. Mancini will be forever in our hearts.

We keep hearing this "complaints from many of his players" thing. Can we be a little more specific? Which players? Complained to whom? About what exactly? And how do we know about them?

Not disputing that it happened, as I don't know any better, just trying to understand how reliable the info is.
There is no doubt Roberto lost the dressing room at the end, not sure even his biggest fan boy would dispute that, but so what, he made this club of serial losers into serial winners.

All managers have a shelf life, Roberto is usually a short one, he winds people up, but he also wins titles in doing so, what's not to like about that?

PS on the kit man, he left the club then came back and did a few features on City TV, and again he quickly disappeared never to be seen again, why was that, does anyone know? Did he piss off the big bosses?

There is no doubt Roberto lost the dressing room at the end, not sure even his biggest fan boy would dispute that, but so what, he made this club of serial losers into serial winners.

All managers have a shelf life, Roberto is usually a short one, he winds people up, but he also wins titles in doing so, what's not to like about that?

PS on the kit man, he left the club then came back and did a few features on City TV, and again he quickly disappeared never to be seen again, why was that, does anyone know? Did he piss off the big bosses?
He’s a rag twat is the reality, employed during the worst part of our history, imagine Fanzone Danny doing the same job over at the swamp?. Typical City that it was the case to be fair.

What was funny was listening to how distraught he was witnessing the Ageurooooo goal. Yonner Prick

100% but a **** that turned the club around, we were up the creek without a paddle when Leslie left, when Roberto left we had ripped down that banner and destroyed the spirit of the old piss can and had a big silver pot in the trophy room.

Mancini is a egotistical twat but in my experience winners are like that and that's what makes them that way, Pep is a winner and he has very **** like attitude at times, and I would not have it another way.

Grazie Roberto.
You’re right on everything there mate but there is a massive difference between Pep and Roberto. What sets Pep apart is emotional intelligence: he knows how to manage players and how to get the best out of them. If they aren’t playing well he encourages them and gives them a chance to play themselves into form instead of screaming at them and dropping them. He gets their respect.

That why Mancini’s style has a very short shelf life whereas Pep’s has longevity. Mourinho comes somewhere in between the two. He seems to understand the principles of people management but he pisses too many people off too.

Last edited:
You’re right on everything there mate but there is a massive difference between Pep and Roberto. What sets Pep apart is emotional intelligence: he knows how to manage players and how to get the best out of them. If they aren’t playing well he encourages them and gives them a chance to play themselves into form instead of screaming at them and dropping them. He gets their respect.

That why Mancini’s style has a very short shelf life whereas Pep’s has longevity. Mourinho comes somewhere in between the two. He seems to understand the principles of people management but he pisses too many people off too.
Totally agree.

There is a huge difference between Roberto and Pep both are winners.

Pep seems a very, very deep character, even his wife has done one ;) He is obsessed to screaming point with football.

BUT in terms of personality I do prefer Mancini , the way he stood up to Ferguson should never be underestimated , he was alone in the whole footballing world to do that publicly and without fear, incredibly courageous, and our fans got that, as did the players, in my opinion it made Pep's job considerably easier.

Pep annoys me considerably with his constant they have great history when talking of the rags and dippers but thankfully that has changed and underneath I believe he hates both those clubs with a passion.

Pep's football has and is breathtaking, and groundbreaking for that matter.

Totally agree.

There is a huge difference between Roberto and Pep both are winners.

Pep seems a very, very deep character, even his wife has done one ;) He is obsessed to screaming point with football.

BUT in terms of personality I do prefer Mancini , the way he stood up to Ferguson should never be underestimated , he was alone in the whole footballing world to do that publicly and without fear, incredibly courageous, and our fans got that, as did the players, in my opinion it made Pep's job considerably easier.

Pep annoys me considerably with his constant they have great history when talking of the rags and dippers but thankfully that has changed and underneath I believe he hates both those clubs with a passion.

Pep's football has and is breathtaking, and groundbreaking for that matter.
Fair play to you for your opinions mate but I couldn’t agree less with that post to be honest. I respect and trust Pep and I didn’t feel either for Roberto. Maybe we subconsciously gravity to people who we feel reflect our own personalities when it comes to “liking” people we don’t really know. Maybe it’s the same in politics.

Fair play to you for your opinions mate but I couldn’t agree less with that post to be honest. I respect and trust Pep and I didn’t feel either for Roberto. Maybe we subconsciously gravity to people who we feel reflect our own personalities when it comes to “liking” people we don’t really know. Maybe it’s the same in politics.
100% agree on the personalities , we only see the public face of these guys, what they are like in "real life" is probably a very different thing.

I have met some major sports stars in real life situations and a vast majority are utter arseholes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.