Lescott [Merged]

Re: Lescott

Fair do's.

I think buying anyone from italy is always a risk. Chellini may be great on footy manager (thats the only place i've seen him) but even being good in Italy doesn't mean you'll be good in England.

I remember when we signed Per Kroldrup who was good in Italy but really wans't cut out for the Premier League.

I think Hughes does right to go for a player who's already established in the league, take a look at Collicini who was a good player in Spain but a disaster over here.

I think Haangeland is a good shout... would rather you bought him then Lescott ;)

Lescott would be the right player to add to Bridge,Barry,Given,Dunne,Richards and Onouha, we need a core of toughened British Premier League players so that we have a platform to play off. Lescott is worth £15m, good value for the selling club and potentially good value for us, anymore than that and we should walk and find an alternative, too much money in Moyes's mitts wouldn't be good, they are an immediate competitor to us.

ToffeeAndy said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
ToffeeAndy said:
Glad to see the "Who's a bigger club" argument has died down again after last night. Seriously why are people still bothering with this pointless debate?

Anyway just a quick question from me...

Who would City fans prefer to buy out of the following players and why?

Lescott
Upson
Toure

Out of the three? Lescott. Toure hasn't been the same since he had Malaria and Upson is what, 30 now? It's sort of the lesser of three evils.

Yeah I thought that would probably be the general opinion tbh. I think West Ham have quoted £15m for Upson which is a lot for a 30 year old.

Is there a CB that you would prefer over Lescott then, as i'm getting the impression you dont really rate him that highly?

I think Lescott is fantastic... however I would prefer Jagielka! Who do you think is better?

squirtyflower said:
I'd prefer us going for Brede Hangeland.
Am not to fond on buying players that just had one good season in the premier league, See what he is like next season, he had a fantastic season though.
If we do buy Lescott at least we know what were going to get from him, he's a fantastic defender.

SWPISHOME said:
squirtyflower said:
Am not to fond on buying players that just had one good season in the premier league, See what he is like next season, he had a fantastic season though.
If we do buy Lescott at least we know what were going to get from him, he's a fantastic defender.

Good post, agree entirely.

SWPISHOME said:
squirtyflower said:
I see your point and agree that Hughes' idea of buying quality proven prem players is a good one. But Hangeland has been in the league for a year and a half and would give us the added height and strength when we play numpties like Blackburn, Stoke, Bolton, Wigan and the likes.

oaksie2 said:
Lescott would be the right player to add to Bridge,Barry,Given,Dunne,Richards and Onouha, we need a core of toughened British Premier League players so that we have a platform to play off. Lescott is worth £15m, good value for the selling club and potentially good value for us, anymore than that and we should walk and find an alternative, too much money in Moyes's mitts wouldn't be good, they are an immediate competitor to us.

Thats kind of what Chelsea did and its worked for them.

I think to be sucessfull all teams need a good core of English talent and a smattering of foreign brilliance.

Wouldn't be worth us selling him for £15m though.

BlueMooner87 said:
just me that thinks his good goal scoring covers up for his lack-lustre defending then

I'm not sure if its just you who thinks this, but either way its definately wrong. He's a rock of a defender.

However it could take him a little while to settle in at City (if he ends up there), every year for us he has maybe 4-5 games of being shocking... would City fans be patient with him or get on his back if he cost upwards of £20m?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.