Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueinsa said:
wantefc said:
BLueinusa .... how many of us are contracted to our Employers for a set amount of years? apart from X months notice!

Agree not many of us, but the reality is that contracts in football mean fuck all and nothing!

You can not be made to work for someone you dont want too, thats the law, contract or no contract.

Of course by breaking a contract, you will suffer the penalties, financial or otherwise, but to think that your club will miss out on a £20m asset just because of a piece of paper is just plain ridiculous!

What do you gain? apart from being able to say, i told you so! Hope your creditors are ok with that?

They actully do mean something but not as much as they should....if they didnt Lescott would already be yours.

ToffeeBlue said:
moomba said:
If you're going to stop earning an income and live the rest of your life on the golf course, a million is chicken feed.

Is Lescott planning on doing that soon? No didnt think so. Its what you do with it that counts

No point waiting until you retire to start working on getting enough money to be able to afford it.

blueinsa said:
wantefc said:
Ronaldo only went a year after the intial bid.....they way your spending money i think you will have moved on from Lescott in a year. Ronaldo is world class , Lescott is a good solid centre half but not world class.

He fit's with our project now, and thats the point.

We are very very fortunate to be able to plan for the next 10 years and include players and amounts spent that we are effectivly abe to write off so to speak as and when we reach the next stage.

Thats not being arrogant, thats just our owners seeing this as a business and wanting to be the best.

If they had bought Everton mate, i can gaureentee, you would be doing exactly the same, although i feel that some of your fellow fans would suddenly see no problems with that?

Oh absolutely , if i was you id be enjoying every minute!! Myself id act with a bit more dignity than some ( not yourself)
Just me but i hate it been called a project! its a football club like ours but with the means to aim higher!

Seriously what part of crap do you Bolton Wannabes not understand

"we finished sixth we are awesome"

"You've still won nothing"

" We got into the champions league once"

"but we reached a cup final"

Moyes is overrated beyond belief and has achieved precisely nothing in the game, yet you all view him as some kind of god, and before you shout about us and hughes, we arent all over on your board telling you lot what an awesome club ours is and how hughes is mourinho, ferguson, capello all rolled into one with an added sprinkling of fairydust on top

wantefc said:
blueinsa said:
He fit's with our project now, and thats the point.

We are very very fortunate to be able to plan for the next 10 years and include players and amounts spent that we are effectivly abe to write off so to speak as and when we reach the next stage.

Thats not being arrogant, thats just our owners seeing this as a business and wanting to be the best.

If they had bought Everton mate, i can gaureentee, you would be doing exactly the same, although i feel that some of your fellow fans would suddenly see no problems with that?

Oh absolutely , if i was you id be enjoying every minute!! Myself id act with a bit more dignity than some ( not yourself)
Just me but i hate it been called a project! its a football club like ours but with the means to aim higher!

Sorry mate, your right and i agree, its my football club, one that i would love no less if we were playing in the pontins league, trust me.

To our owners though we are a project, a business and i dont kid myself otherwise!

mancboy123 said:
Seriously what part of crap do you Bolton Wannabes not understand

"we finished sixth we are awesome"

Seriously if your going to try and take the p*ss, at least get your facts straight. Gimp

Ive asked this a few times , if you keep lescott what precisely is it that you've acheived, will you feel proud that you've beaten off the big bad ruiners of world football that is city, or will you feel that you've projected your image as a bit small time by forcing a player to carry on playing for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.