Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringBackSwales said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Is it ok if I concur ?

yes absoutely, you will never find me more agreeable about anything Nixon! DSOB has really done my head in with his snidey antagonistic comments, and they just go on and on - I think he needs to get off here and go and find a wife/girlfriend/boyfried, whichever floats his boat, cos frankly 1,500 posts in another team's forum is really sad and desolate

Fried boys. Sorry Im all for equality but thats a bit weird. ;-)

We should be looking to get the deal tied up before saturday imo, I don't see why we can't. Just make the third bid and if it's accepted sign him up within hours, if it isn't then walk away - simple.

I suspect we are giving more time for the following reasons:-

1) We know Lescott wants to leave he has put in written request.

2) We know Moyes has said won't sell

3) We don't know whether everton board will overule Moyes

4) We don't know what reception Lescott will get if he plays on Saturday from the fans but can suspect it might not be too kind.

5) If as suspected he gets abuse from his own fans this might persuade Moyes to change his mind, if he doesn't get abuse Moyes will again tell us to get stuffed and I think at that point we walk away.

6) If Moyes is persuaded he can't allow player to play in team because of abuse from own fans, won't want that to effect team spirit, in my opinion he will either dump him in the reserves or sell.

7) Even Moyes is not that principled that he would turn down 20m + because he said he couldn't go,

8) If Everton Board overule Moyes can see Moyes walking away.

I reckon we have till end of August to go with this deal, reading MH views he appears to be potentially last signing so doesn't matter when he signs between now and end of window.

Just got this of bluekipper
Moyes doesnt want to sell, Everton do.
Posted by Col on August 13, 2009, 11:59 am, in reply to "Whichever, it's scandalously disrespectful to Moyes nt"

Is what I was told about half an hour ago

Everton need to convince Moyes that selling to get the best price is wise

David, there wont be much money this summer

David we can get you money, if we sell Lescott !

- its ok, I'll use the small money and keep lescott

Result - bluff called, panic

but but but we could sign x and y is we sell

- its ok, we'll cope with what we have I dont want to sell

in times past we have sold to buy, this time Moyes has opted to not sell and if that means virtually no additions... so be it
and that, has not gone down too well

Lescott wants to go (money, ambition)
The Business (everton) is happy to sell
Moyes does not

the board are happy to back moyes publically, yet are not against a move

Irrespective of short term, the long term losers here are going to be the fans

alternatively comments from hughes about speaking to the right folk, could just be designed to piss Moyes off further

Rammyblues said:
I suspect we are giving more time for the following reasons:-

1) We know Lescott wants to leave he has put in written request.

2) We know Moyes has said won't sell

3) We don't know whether everton board will overule Moyes

4) We don't know what reception Lescott will get if he plays on Saturday from the fans but can suspect it might not be too kind.

5) If as suspected he gets abuse from his own fans this might persuade Moyes to change his mind, if he doesn't get abuse Moyes will again tell us to get stuffed and I think at that point we walk away.

6) If Moyes is persuaded he can't allow player to play in team because of abuse from own fans, won't want that to effect team spirit, in my opinion he will either dump him in the reserves or sell.

7) Even Moyes is not that principled that he would turn down 20m + because he said he couldn't go,

8) If Everton Board overule Moyes can see Moyes walking away.

I reckon we have till end of August to go with this deal, reading MH views he appears to be potentially last signing so doesn't matter when he signs between now and end of window.
It matters, in so far as we have to play a weak back 4 until such time as the deal is done, otherwise I agree with what you have written.

If Moyes sticks to his guns and keeps a player that doesn't want to be there then he is only making a rod for his own back.

Any future signing with great potential that may in the future want to progress to a top 4 or Real Madrid type team will not want to commit himself to Everton for any great length of time for fear of being tied to their contract, therefore Everton will never get top fees for future signings.

It could also have the consequence that Potential future stars - lets not forget in a very competitive market - will decide not to ever consider Everton due to the belligerent stance of Moyes who is basically blocking a player from doubling his salary and bettering his situation for himself and his family. Quite frankly it couldn't happen in any other line of business.

Why would any player want to join a club that treats it's players like that ? Those that have given good service and a potential profit and they are stopped from doing so ! Everton might not like it but that is how the likes of Spurs, West Ham have built their whole strategy on developing good young talent and selling them on - even Man U. It's only clubs like ours with a seriously rich owner that don't have to do that.

So instead of being sensible and thinking about the long term future of Everton where Moyes could take the money, find a decent replacement and strengthen his options up front, instead, he is determined to keep an unhappy player. Ridiculous. This could be Lescotts only chance of joining a club that can seriously challenge for top honours and pay the money Everton are looking for. He is tantamount to a slave.

Why would a Rodwell for example or another of their youngsters commit himself to Everton when he knows that he could be blocked from a dream or money busting move in the future - he wouldn't - this is so short sighted.

I really think we should stick out for Lescott as any other decision other than to sell him would be plainly stupid on Evertons part.

Blue Mooner said:
If Moyes sticks to his guns and keeps a player that doesn't want to be there then he is only making a rod for his own back.

Any future signing with great potential that may in the future want to progress to a top 4 or Real Madrid type team will not want to commit himself to Everton for any great length of time for fear of being tied to their contract, therefore Everton will never get top fees for future signings.

It could also have the consequence that Potential future stars - lets not forget in a very competitive market - will decide not to ever consider Everton due to the belligerent stance of Moyes who is basically blocking a player from doubling his salary and bettering his situation for himself and his family. Quite frankly it couldn't happen in any other line of business.

Why would any player want to join a club that treats it's players like that ? Those that have given good service and a potential profit and they are stopped from doing so ! Everton might not like it but that is how the likes of Spurs, West Ham have built their whole strategy on developing good young talent and selling them on - even Man U. It's only clubs like ours with a seriously rich owner that don't have to do that.

So instead of being sensible and thinking about the long term future of Everton where Moyes could take the money, find a decent replacement and strengthen his options up front, instead, he is determined to keep an unhappy player. Ridiculous. This could be Lescotts only chance of joining a club that can seriously challenge for top honours and pay the money Everton are looking for. He is tantamount to a slave.

Why would a Rodwell for example or another of their youngsters commit himself to Everton when he knows that he could be blocked from a dream or money busting move in the future - he wouldn't - this is so short sighted.

I really think we should stick out for Lescott as any other decision other than to sell him would be plainly stupid on Evertons part.

Exactly, If they keep him..... they are basically loosing him because he's a unhappy player, so they may aswell just get some money for him by selling him to city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.