Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Mooner said:
If Moyes sticks to his guns and keeps a player that doesn't want to be there then he is only making a rod for his own back.

Any future signing with great potential that may in the future want to progress to a top 4 or Real Madrid type team will not want to commit himself to Everton for any great length of time for fear of being tied to their contract, therefore Everton will never get top fees for future signings.

It could also have the consequence that Potential future stars - lets not forget in a very competitive market - will decide not to ever consider Everton due to the belligerent stance of Moyes who is basically blocking a player from doubling his salary and bettering his situation for himself and his family. Quite frankly it couldn't happen in any other line of business.

Why would any player want to join a club that treats it's players like that ? Those that have given good service and a potential profit and they are stopped from doing so ! Everton might not like it but that is how the likes of Spurs, West Ham have built their whole strategy on developing good young talent and selling them on - even Man U. It's only clubs like ours with a seriously rich owner that don't have to do that.

So instead of being sensible and thinking about the long term future of Everton where Moyes could take the money, find a decent replacement and strengthen his options up front, instead, he is determined to keep an unhappy player. Ridiculous. This could be Lescotts only chance of joining a club that can seriously challenge for top honours and pay the money Everton are looking for. He is tantamount to a slave.

Why would a Rodwell for example or another of their youngsters commit himself to Everton when he knows that he could be blocked from a dream or money busting move in the future - he wouldn't - this is so short sighted.

I really think we should stick out for Lescott as any other decision other than to sell him would be plainly stupid on Evertons part.

Oh no!!! if we dont roll over for city...we might never sign anyone again!!! Get real mate...believe it or not there are clubs out there where the players earn less than Everton so we may be able to sign some of them......for the same reason Lescott wants to go to City. I actually want him to go , since the transfer request but the more i read about it the more im convinced we aint selling.

Rammyblues said:
I suspect we are giving more time for the following reasons:-

1) We know Lescott wants to leave he has put in written request.

2) We know Moyes has said won't sell

3) We don't know whether everton board will overule Moyes

4) We don't know what reception Lescott will get if he plays on Saturday from the fans but can suspect it might not be too kind.

5) If as suspected he gets abuse from his own fans this might persuade Moyes to change his mind, if he doesn't get abuse Moyes will again tell us to get stuffed and I think at that point we walk away.

6) If Moyes is persuaded he can't allow player to play in team because of abuse from own fans, won't want that to effect team spirit, in my opinion he will either dump him in the reserves or sell.

7) Even Moyes is not that principled that he would turn down 20m + because he said he couldn't go,

8) If Everton Board overule Moyes can see Moyes walking away.

I reckon we have till end of August to go with this deal, reading MH views he appears to be potentially last signing so doesn't matter when he signs between now and end of window.

Respect their wishes and move on. I would be pissed if it were the other way around and someone came at us like that for Ireland. No means No.

skybluekings said:
Rammyblues said:
I suspect we are giving more time for the following reasons:-

1) We know Lescott wants to leave he has put in written request.

2) We know Moyes has said won't sell

3) We don't know whether everton board will overule Moyes

4) We don't know what reception Lescott will get if he plays on Saturday from the fans but can suspect it might not be too kind.

5) If as suspected he gets abuse from his own fans this might persuade Moyes to change his mind, if he doesn't get abuse Moyes will again tell us to get stuffed and I think at that point we walk away.

6) If Moyes is persuaded he can't allow player to play in team because of abuse from own fans, won't want that to effect team spirit, in my opinion he will either dump him in the reserves or sell.

7) Even Moyes is not that principled that he would turn down 20m + because he said he couldn't go,

8) If Everton Board overule Moyes can see Moyes walking away.

I reckon we have till end of August to go with this deal, reading MH views he appears to be potentially last signing so doesn't matter when he signs between now and end of window.

Respect their wishes and move on. I would be pissed if it were the other way around and someone came at us like that for Ireland. No means No.

Good post, all boards have hteir own ITK , ours is adamant Moyes wont back down, i wanted us to sell but now i really dont think we will.

wantefc said:
Blue Mooner said:
If Moyes sticks to his guns and keeps a player that doesn't want to be there then he is only making a rod for his own back.

Any future signing with great potential that may in the future want to progress to a top 4 or Real Madrid type team will not want to commit himself to Everton for any great length of time for fear of being tied to their contract, therefore Everton will never get top fees for future signings.

It could also have the consequence that Potential future stars - lets not forget in a very competitive market - will decide not to ever consider Everton due to the belligerent stance of Moyes who is basically blocking a player from doubling his salary and bettering his situation for himself and his family. Quite frankly it couldn't happen in any other line of business.

Why would any player want to join a club that treats it's players like that ? Those that have given good service and a potential profit and they are stopped from doing so ! Everton might not like it but that is how the likes of Spurs, West Ham have built their whole strategy on developing good young talent and selling them on - even Man U. It's only clubs like ours with a seriously rich owner that don't have to do that.

So instead of being sensible and thinking about the long term future of Everton where Moyes could take the money, find a decent replacement and strengthen his options up front, instead, he is determined to keep an unhappy player. Ridiculous. This could be Lescotts only chance of joining a club that can seriously challenge for top honours and pay the money Everton are looking for. He is tantamount to a slave.

Why would a Rodwell for example or another of their youngsters commit himself to Everton when he knows that he could be blocked from a dream or money busting move in the future - he wouldn't - this is so short sighted.

I really think we should stick out for Lescott as any other decision other than to sell him would be plainly stupid on Evertons part.

Oh no!!! if we dont roll over for city...we might never sign anyone again!!! Get real mate...believe it or not there are clubs out there where the players earn less than Everton so we may be able to sign some of them......for the same reason Lescott wants to go to City. I actually want him to go , since the transfer request but the more i read about it the more im convinced we aint selling.

He has a point, after seeing how Moyes is acting in this affair, why would a player, who in respect to Everton, use them to get noticed by bigger teams such as Sky Four or on mainland, even think about signing a 5 year deal with Everton. With Everton's limited resources, these are the players they would try and pick up, though will they take the risk with Everton now?

I don't think he is saying what you gross over reaction in implying, that Everton won't somehow sign players, what he is saying is would the likes of Elm want to join a club, which he would more than likely want to be a stepping stone, if he would be refused that step.

If I were an Everton player, seeing how Lescott is being treated, I would feel like a prisoner, looks like Cahill looks at it the same way.

Who thinks Lescott will play for Everton on Saturday ?

I dont. Mystery injury or "Head not right" are the excuses I can see comming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.