Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darker shade of Blue said:
Matty said:
I'll never understand the jubilation with which Lescott staying at Everton (if indeed that is what happens) has been/will be greeted. Essentially you'll have turned down a huge sum of money for a player who has openly expressed his desire to be elsewhere. Added to that is the fact you've still not added anyone but Jo to your squad, and won't be adding anyone without the funding from the Lescott sale it would seem.

All in all I'd see Lescott staying as a negative rather than a positive.

I don't think it's necessarily jubilation to be truthful .
I've always thought he would stay as my posts show , but at the same time , looked at how we could use the money .
The problem I see is that we don't have instant replacements for our defense , so in that sense , yes , there is a bit of relief if Lescott stays and remains professional .

Had we been able to bring in other players , then I don't think too many fans would be too upset , but that hasn't been the case .

Moyes may well change his mind if things change before the deadline , which many fans will still be hoping for , but we need quality signings to improve what is already a good side , and I don't see where they will come from at this moment in time , without needing a huge fee .

So if moyes does not sell Lescott, how do you feel about a situation where moyes openly admits you now have a player who's head is "TWISTED" may not perform, may fake injury, be a bad influence in the squad. That is imo bad management from moyes!

svennis pennis said:
Matty, in all fairness you are missing the opportunity of a veiled WUM attempt to try and get the usuals to bite.

If they sell him we will have DSOB telling us what a great victory it is because of the money that King David will now spend on more gems.

Its going to be victory whichever way it happens for DSOB.

And you won't frame it the same way if you get him? It all depends on your perspective.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
DSOB 1,491 posts on a City forum!

You must be some city fan you will qualify for loyalty points and could jump the queue for a seasoncard or have you already got one?

D.S.O.B. has posted quite a lot on here, i myself like to see other fans views as long as there not complete arseholes which d.s.o.b isnt. he speaks most of the time with common sense and moderation dispite some of the abuse he gets of our own dicks, long may this be a forum where other fans can come in peace. if that what they want.

sorry dsob "not complete arsehole" was supposed to be a compliment ;}

Okay, here it is, linked from <a class="postlink" href="http://toffeeweb.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://toffeeweb.com/</a>

Moyes 'demented' by player hunt
Mon, 10 Aug 15:58:00 2009

David Moyes says he feels 'demented' by his failure to significantly add to his Everton squad ahead of the new Premier League campaign.

The Everton manager, who has rejected bids for Joleon Lescott and Louis Saha this summer, knows he is in a race against time to bring in new players ahead of the club's Europa League play-off tie against Czech side Sigma Olomouc later this month.

The two-legged clash will dictate whether or not the Toffees have a season of regular European fixtures and the income that brings, and Moyes admits he needs to act now to reinforce his squad ahead of the first leg at Goodison Park on August 20.

"We are not ready as far as the squad goes, we want more players in," Moyes said.

"We let a few go in the summer - Andy van der Meyde, Lars Jacobson, Nuno Valente - and we have not replaced any of those players yet.

"If we want a run in Europe we need more players quickly. The search goes on, it has never stopped all summer and I am feeling a bit demented with it all now!

"Apart from a couple of clubs, the transfer activity around the country has been limited. But for us, to have finished fifth and reached a cup final, to improve on that costs a lot of money.

"But we don't have that money. So trying to find players who are cheap, do not want much wages and will come here to improve us, well, it is not easy."

So far, Moyes has only brought in Brazilian striker Jo on loan from Manchester City and a clutch of untried youngsters who will be in the reserve squad.

He remains hopeful of a positive outcome in his bid for Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos, although the clubs are believed to be still some way from agreeing a fee.

"We have a good team but what we do not have is back-up, and that is what we are trying to get," Moyes said.

"The bid for Senderos has been with [Arsenal] for a while now and maybe it is getting closer."

Moyes saw a much-improved performance from his players when Everton beat Malaga 2-1 at Goodison Park, with Manchester City target Lescott playing the full match and getting a rousing reception from home fans.

And it seems Moyes might have won the battle to retain one of his prized assets.

His stubbornness not to be pushed into a deal for the defender - selected again in the England squad for the friendly with Holland - looks to have paid off.

It is believed Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has held further talks with City and told the Eastlands club the Toffees do not want to sell to one of their direct rivals in the battle to claim a Champions League berth.

And Everton's reluctance to part with their big-name players was underlined when Moyes recently rejected an £8 million bid from Turkish side Besiktas for Saha.

"Louis is someone we had a big bid for. But he didn't want to go and we didn't want to sell. It's great news Louis wants to stay," he said.

PA Sport

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10082009/58/premier-league-moyes-demented-player-hunt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10082009/ ... -hunt.html</a>

The Fixer said:
So if moyes does not sell Lescott, how do you feel about a situation where moyes openly admits you now have a player who's head is "TWISTED" may not perform, may fake injury, be a bad influence in the squad. That is imo bad management from moyes!

He will still be keeping the ball out of the net for Everton, not for City. He will not strike, he will not "look the other way" when the ball comes his direction. He will put his head down, perform, and look to make the starting XI of the England squad for the world cup.

The Fixer said:
I've always thought he would stay as my posts show , but at the same time , looked at how we could use the money .
The problem I see is that we don't have instant replacements for our defense , so in that sense , yes , there is a bit of relief if Lescott stays and remains professional .

Had we been able to bring in other players , then I don't think too many fans would be too upset , but that hasn't been the case .

Moyes may well change his mind if things change before the deadline , which many fans will still be hoping for , but we need quality signings to improve what is already a good side , and I don't see where they will come from at this moment in time , without needing a huge fee .

Really don't know m8 .
Are there other examples of this scenario between other players and their clubs ?
I guess I'm hoping it might blow over , and review the situation once Jags is back .

The Fixer said:

never mind how everton feel i wouldnt want a player who fakes injury

Bryan said:
svennis pennis said:
Matty, in all fairness you are missing the opportunity of a veiled WUM attempt to try and get the usuals to bite.

If they sell him we will have DSOB telling us what a great victory it is because of the money that King David will now spend on more gems.

Its going to be victory whichever way it happens for DSOB.

And you won't frame it the same way if you get him? It all depends on your perspective.

To be honest ive gone beyond giving a shit but what I do take um bridge at is the gloating that is coming our way and causing some with limited patience to snap. If he signs, good. If not, I would happy to go with Vinny and Ned.

Also I dont see anything for you to gloat about. You need to strengthen and yet your manager is blocking your development. Moyes is so blinkered by his own pig headiness he is passing up the opportunity that Everton need to progress. A club like Everton need to sign players for small fees, sell them for an enormous profit if the offer comes along in order to keep up and keep on progressing. Wenger recognizes that and he is infinitely more successful than Moyes.

Matty said:
I'll never understand the jubilation with which Lescott staying at Everton (if indeed that is what happens) has been/will be greeted. Essentially you'll have turned down a huge sum of money for a player who has openly expressed his desire to be elsewhere. Added to that is the fact you've still not added anyone but Jo to your squad, and won't be adding anyone without the funding from the Lescott sale it would seem.

All in all I'd see Lescott staying as a negative rather than a positive.

dsob. Your a legend lad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.