Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent crowd on here tonite so i can ask...how do you really feel about Lescott....i do think its dragged on so much that he has been put on a pedestal.. i really do rate him but he is replaceable. Dare i say a few of you may have been spoiled this summer and we are the fly in your ointment if you know what i mean

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Definitely not Taylor. But the next step in Lescott will come out this weekend before it is sorted next week.

i dont thinks its finished, i think you will bid again but i cannot see us selling without Moyes's blessing.
I know it frustrates you but for us its refreshing to have a strong manager!

BlueMooner87 said:
OJ Blue said:
No matter what happens with JL (he WILL sign either way) but isn't Ciys PR dept. Doing wonders?

We have been the main attraction all summer long....just a fortnight to go and its job done.

On a side issue all this arguing with the Everton fans is a bit sad, they should be allowed to vent their spleen, however some common sense should prevail irrespective of code of conduct. They appear to be getting away with things that wouldn't happen on other teams boards. Its alright taking the moral high ground but we are pissing off our own fans by taking things to the letter on here.
With respect to the PR the finishing product is weather we win

Of course, but who'd have thought we be hogging the back pages the wasy we have?

Great job City.

wantefc said:
Decent crowd on here tonite so i can ask...how do you really feel about Lescott....i do think its dragged on so much that he has been put on a pedestal.. i really do rate him but he is replaceable. Dare i say a few of you may have been spoiled this summer and we are the fly in your ointment if you know what i mean

He is a very good player in a position that isn't easy to fill. Thats why he is important to both of our teams.

An imposing defender who can also chip in with a goal threat at set pieces is what we need and thats why we've been so set on getting him.

There aren't too many alternatives available also.

OJ Blue said:
No matter what happens with JL (he WILL sign either way) but isn't Ciys PR dept. Doing wonders?

We have been the main attraction all summer long....just a fortnight to go and its job done.

On a side issue all this arguing with the Everton fans is a bit sad, they should be allowed to vent their spleen, however some common sense should prevail irrespective of code of conduct. They appear to be getting away with things that wouldn't happen on other teams boards. Its alright taking the moral high ground but we are pissing off our own fans by taking things to the letter on here.

My opinion is that you are media darlings because of the amount of big moneys signings were we dont get a mention because we signed no one so we are hardly prolific big news...the flip side for you is when you have a bad game (which you will) they will be all over you like a bad suit. I dont rate hughes but i dont know everything but i think this season you will see if he is good or bad. pressure is on him bigtime

wantefc I rate him but he's not the world beater he's been hyped to.I said before I think Baines makes him look better than he actually is,and vice versa.

in responce to wantefc question I think Lescott is a good player and would be valuable to us BUT I think it has gone on way too long itshould have been either completed or moved on by now and personally I thought we would have walked away from this by now and I fully expected us to have had all of our targets secured by now

wantefc said:

I think most people are a bit baffled that Joleon Lescott is a the centre of such a transfer saga. The general consensus, at least amongst fans is that he's a good player, but not worth the money being mentioned. He's clearly highly rated at Everton and now Hughes thinks he'd be a good signing for us, but with the way it is being portrayed in the media and Moyes lambasting City it seems its turning into a City v Everton thing, with neither wanting to give an inch. Lescott has stated how he feels but Moyes won't let him go because he doesn't want to lose face or weaken his squad. Ironically, not selling Lescott may weaken his squad as well because there is clearly an unhappy player, (no one knows how the crowd will react yet) Lescott's performances may dip due to his heart/head not being fully at Everton and who knows how other players will react to Lescott wanting to leave. It is an interesting situation.

barryo said:
wantefc said:

He is a very good player in a position that isn't easy to fill. Thats why he is important to both of our teams.

An imposing defender who can also chip in with a goal threat at set pieces is what we need and thats why we've been so set on getting him.

There aren't too many alternatives available also.

i actually rate him as left back more than a centre back...he was fantastic the season before last. he is good dont get me wrong and his goals tend to be important ones as opposed to goals in high scoring games.
For £22 million id want world class though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.