Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty said:
David Moyes said:
"People can read what they like into this. But I have said all along I don't want to sell him.

"But it is a bit like Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Manchester United, there is always a price.

"At this moment no club has made us an offer for the player that we want to accept."

Err, No David, you've said all along that Lescott "simply isn't for sale" (your words not mine) NOT "I don't want to sell him". Those are two very different statements, one intimates the player won't be sold, no matter what, the other that the player may be sold if a financail deal can be agreed, but you don't want to sell him.

This is a COMPLETE change of stance and I'm surprised no-one in the media has picked up on it. It's clearly another step towards Lescott leaving.

Have we signed him yet????

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
stony said:
What's happened to all these so called ITK's ? Their silence is deafening.

LOL I released my source back into the wild at my last update as I have become thoroughly bored with Moyes, Neverton and the Lescott saga.

I know patience is a virtue but this saga is taking the piss

Doesnt anybody just think we simply dont need Lescott?!?

Nedum, is looking one of the strongest english prospects coming through the ranks. Dunne could come back to form, Kompany is a class defender, no idea why we play him at DM and there is a coulpe of academy graduates that look as if they can make the grade in the short term.

I think a right back is more of a priority.

Cheshire Blue said:
Doesnt anybody just think we simply dont need Lescott?!?

Nedum, is looking one of the strongest english prospects coming through the ranks. Dunne could come back to form, Kompany is a class defender, no idea why we play him at DM and there is a coulpe of academy graduates that look as if they can make the grade in the short term.

I think a right back is more of a priority.

I agree, but Hughes doesn't.

I like him, I think he's a great player, although I know him through my sister so it makes me biased!!! But I seriously do think he's a quality, quality centre back - and I think it's the goal scoring factor that comes into Hughes wanting him so much.

I think everyone agrees that Onuoha is a great prospect but he is just that at the moment.

He is a decent defender but with the ball at his feet he looks nervous still.

I think he needs to carry on his upward progression but, this season, would anyone truly say he is better than Lescott? Capello certainly doesn't think so and he isn't a bad judge of a player.

bluetrue said:
I like him, I think he's a great player, although I know him through my sister so it makes me biased!!! But I seriously do think he's a quality, quality centre back - and I think it's the goal scoring factor that comes into Hughes wanting him so much.
Goal scoring will NOT be a problem for us this year. It's the keeping them out at the other end that we need to focus on. If other defenders are available who can do this part of the job as well as (or better) than Lescott, we should fuck Everton off and go after them instead.

Dubai Blue said:
bluetrue said:
Goal scoring will NOT be a problem for us this year. It's the keeping them out at the other end that we need to focus on. If other defenders are available who can do this part of the job as well as (or better) than Lescott, we should fuck Everton off and go after them instead.

well said that man !!!

It's really obvious. What's going to end up happening, with reports that Everton are looking for 30m, we will sign him(with or without a player in addition)and the fee will be undisclosed, that way Moyes can save face and spin it as a win for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.