Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheshire Blue said:
Doesnt anybody just think we simply dont need Lescott?!?

Nedum, is looking one of the strongest english prospects coming through the ranks. Dunne could come back to form, Kompany is a class defender, no idea why we play him at DM and there is a coulpe of academy graduates that look as if they can make the grade in the short term.

I think a right back is more of a priority.

right back?????? we have 2 in that position all ready and all so ned to cover there as shown last night.

so why do we need a right back again?????????

Just seen this bit in the Guardian Rumour Mill (not very reliable source...), and I must admit it worries me slightly:
What will David Moyes do with the £30m he'll get for Lescott? Why, he'll resist appeals from the Goodison faithful to wave it provocatively in the direction of Anfield and instead he'll lure either Abdoulaye Faye from Stoke, Philippe Mexès from Roma or Sylvain Distin from the sinking ship that is Pompey.

If we give him a lot of money for Lescott and promptly spends the money on Mexes I think we'd done a moronic piece of business...
Why don't we walk away and sign Mexes instead? Excellent player joins Man City, and Moyes-Lescott will be left in the crapper!

Cheshire Blue said:
Doesnt anybody just think we simply dont need Lescott?!?

Nedum, is looking one of the strongest english prospects coming through the ranks. Dunne could come back to form, Kompany is a class defender, no idea why we play him at DM and there is a coulpe of academy graduates that look as if they can make the grade in the short term.

I think a right back is more of a priority.

We need a left side CB Lescott can cover for LB as well, he is proven in P,L lives in Manchester and wants to come. Of the current squad Dunne not good enough, Kompany a midfield player and Nedum is right sided Hughes wants balance so Lescott is the answer

mancity dan said:
Dubai Blue said:
Goal scoring will NOT be a problem for us this year. It's the keeping them out at the other end that we need to focus on. If other defenders are available who can do this part of the job as well as (or better) than Lescott, we should fuck Everton off and go after them instead.

well said that man !!!
Actually I disagree, if goalscoring wasn't an issue, why was it we failed to come from behind when the otherside took the lead, we ranked 20th. Its all very good to sit there and look at the goals scored and think .....oh we scored alot so there was no issue, but the fact remains we struggled to score hard goals, Stoke, Wigan, Bolton all games we battered the home side and all games they scored and sat on their leads.

the--dud said:
Just seen this bit in the Guardian Rumour Mill (not very reliable source...), and I must admit it worries me slightly:
What will David Moyes do with the £30m he'll get for Lescott? Why, he'll resist appeals from the Goodison faithful to wave it provocatively in the direction of Anfield and instead he'll lure either Abdoulaye Faye from Stoke, Philippe Mexès from Roma or Sylvain Distin from the sinking ship that is Pompey.

If we give him a lot of money for Lescott and promptly spends the money on Mexes I think we'd done a moronic piece of business...
Why don't we walk away and sign Mexes instead? Excellent player joins Man City, and Moyes-Lescott will be left in the crapper!

do you honestly believe mexes would go to everton?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
mancity dan said:
well said that man !!!
Actually I disagree, if goalscoring wasn't an issue, why was it we failed to come from behind when the otherside took the lead, we ranked 20th. Its all very good to sit there and look at the goals scored and think .....oh we scored alot so there was no issue, but the fact remains we struggled to score hard goals, Stoke, Wigan, Bolton all games we battered the home side and all games they scored and sat on their leads.
I'm talking about this year, not last year. We will not struggle to score goals with the likes of Tevez, Robinho, Adebayor, and Ireland in the team.

Dubai Blue said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I'm talking about this year, not last year. We will not struggle to score goals with the likes of Tevez, Robinho, Adebayor, and Ireland in the team.

We will show the rest of the PL against Wolves how many goals we can score in a game. My bet is 10-0 lol

leewill31 said:
the--dud said:

do you honestly believe mexes would go to everton?

Good point and very true. He wouldn't want to join nor could they even get close to his wage demands. But we might have a small chance of signing him and I honestly believe he'd be a better signing than Lescott. If only we'd stop messing about this this epic transfer-saga and move swiftly for someone else...
So sick of this Lescott transfer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.