Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Saha's backing Lescott

Louis Saha does not believe Joleon Lescott has done anything wrong in asking to leave Everton and has called on his team-mates to focus on matters on the pitch.

Lescott is looking to quit Goodison Park following interest from Manchester City and recently saw a transfer request turned down by Everton boss David Moyes.

City have had two offers for the England international rejected over the summer and are tipped to make a renewed bid before the close of the transfer window.

Moyes left Lescott out of his plans for the Toffees' Europa League win over Sigma Olomouc on Thursday night after being disappointed by the defender's attitude.

However, Moyes remains hopeful of keeping hold of the former Wolves stopper, despite conceding that the 27-year-old has his price.

The situation has also led to Moyes claiming it has disrupted his preparations for the new season, but Saha feels the players should not be affected by the issue.

The French striker has no problems with Lescott's desire to secure a move to City and does not believe the matter should be used as an excuse for last week's 6-1 home defeat by Arsenal.

"I don't think he's doing anything wrong," Saha told Sky Sports News.

"All I'm saying is I do think as a professional we should concentrate on our job and that's a tricky situation for him and the club.

"We should have done better in the game on Saturday and have nothing to do with what's going on in the papers."

From Sky Sports

Any fee above 20m will be a big mistake IMO, with all respect to Lescott.

I have a question, why in the case of Etto we had a deadline while not the same in the case of Lescott?

Millennium said:

I have a question, why in the case of Etto we had a deadline while not the same in the case of Lescott?

I think the problem there was with the player rather than the valuation we had to meet

Millennium said:

Because that was Barcelona and this is Everton.

Millennium said:

my impression was that with Eto'o, it came down to the player's decision (or lack of). Lescott's clearly made up his mind, it's a question of how long before Everton caves in.

The four players moyes wants are probably banega, elm, taylor, and one city player??? hope not dunne/ petrov

are we giving Everton more strength in depth if we hand over the 20 mil

i mean is Lescott going to light up our left side that much

and how much money do Everton have to get 4 players?

The four players moyes wants are probably banega, elm, taylor, and one city player??? hope not dunne/ petrov

Petrov wouldn't go there, he'll be at White Hart Lane if anywhere.

I think Huth is the 4th player Everton are after

I agree with you and the other replies as well.

But i believe there should be a deadline, enough is enough, we can't wait for till the closing of the transfer window.

I understand it will be difficult situation for Lescott who submitted a written transfer request, but i think we have already waited enough.

zeusbheld said:
Millennium said:

my impression was that with Eto'o, it came down to the player's decision (or lack of). Lescott's clearly made up his mind, it's a question of how long before Everton caves in.

Any updates Stu?

Time to put the line in the sand...If we dont sign Lescott by the end of the week pull out.

Leave Moyes up the creek. Job Done. Go back in January and get him on the cheap.

Oh and they have loads more games coming up soon aswell :O)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.