Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
licker said:
Mark Hughes will know his value to City, dont be surprised if the offer is at least £20m.
Jags is great but i said Left sided defender.
NO he wasnt, and he has never been dropped, Baines wasnt good enough as a defender thats why Jolean was moved across he hasnt missed a game in two seasons for us. He can defend he can attack and he has scored 19 goals in 2 seasons for us, thats better than our strikers, and far better than John Terry who has only played about 20 games for the last 2 seasons, if you go for Terry at 40 mill ITS you who will have been robbed. Lescott is the real deal at £20m.

John Terry has played close to 80 games in the last 2 seasons not 20...

I dont understand why Everton fans keep going on about Jagielka. He is a solid centre half nothing more. Anyway he was done his Cruciate in towards the end of last season thats normally 12 months out at least so hes unlkiley to play any real part for Everton next season.

Players are never the same after that injury either. Loose all their pace, not that he had much to loose in the first place.

Personally I would rather have Lescott than Terry as hes left footed, 3 years younger and gets more goals.

But if we could get both so much the better !

I spoke to the Grandson of the President of City (Honary title whatever) at a wedding yesterday. He told me Eto was definately off before it was announced (ok it was pretty obvious) Also he thought Lescott was a done deal Terry still 50 / 50.

He seemed pretty confident we will get Terry in the end based on the insane amount of money he is being offered...

licker said:
Mark Hughes will know his value to City, dont be surprised if the offer is at least £20m.
NO he wasnt, and he has never been dropped, Baines wasnt good enough as a defender thats why Jolean was moved across he hasnt missed a game in two seasons for us. He can defend he can attack and he has scored 19 goals in 2 seasons for us, thats better than our strikers, and far better than John Terry who has only played about 20 games for the last 2 seasons, if you go for Terry at 40 mill ITS you who will have been robbed. Lescott is the real deal at £20m.

agreed with this but i all so believe imho that we are trying to get lescott and terry.

vincent said:
licker said:

Yeah but with Carling Cup, FA Cup and Chumps league, he should have played that many in one season, what i'm saying is that he is picking up a lot of niggling injuries that he never did before, i think he is going to miss more each season.
Hey i dont give 2 monkeys anyway, you go and get Terry and leave our Lescott alone. lol.

Bill.

licker said:
vincent said:
licker said:

Yeah but with Carling Cup, FA Cup and Chumps league, he should have played that many in one season, what i'm saying is that he is picking up a lot of niggling injuries that he never did before, i think he is going to miss more each season.
Hey i dont give 2 monkeys anyway you go and get Terry and leave our Lescott alone.

Bill.

For me Lescott is not in the same league as Terry. I think Lescott is a good player but nothing special.. Oh and Terry has played close to 60 league games in 2 season.

I thought I'd chip in here seeing as one of my old m8's has started posting ;o)

licker said:

Bill m8 ,

Although I like Lescott , you can't compare him to Terry just yet .
What you get with Terry is invaluable experience of domestic , European , and International matches , and his leadership qualities are worth a special mention of their own having captained both Chelsea and England .

The season before last , he did indeed miss some Premiership matches , but he was back to normal last season .
Although he only played 23 league games in the 07/08 season , he has actually played 104 games including internationals in the last 2 seasons .

As a player , I don't think there's much to choose from on the pitch , with the exception that Joleon had a relatively bad season last year , and looked as though his confidence was amiss .

Lescott played left back because Baines and indeed Valente were injured ( NOT because he wasn't good enough ! ) , and Baines found it hard to get back in the position as things were working well with Jags and Yobo , so Moyes wasn't going to change anything . Only when Yobo himself got injured did things get swapped around , and Baines got back in .

Your opinion that Baines wasn't good enough is a little wide of the mark I'm afraid .

As for Lescott scoring more goals than our strikers , again , I'm not sure where you get that information from .

Last season , Lescott only scored 4 goals in the Prem and 1 goal in the cup .
The season before he scored 8 Prem goals and 2 cup goals , and the season before that scored only 2 goals . That's 17 goals in 3 years , so where are you getting 19 goals in 2 seasons from ?

How is that more than our strikers ?

Yakubu scored 4 Prem goals and 1 Uefa goal before he was injured early last season .
The season before , he scored 21 goals !

Even Jo scored 5 goals , and Saha scored 8 , so how has Lescott scored more ?
Are you also forgetting that both Cahill and Fellaini were given a forward / striking role due to our absences and got 18 goals between them ( 9 each ) ?

Edit : Last comment edited out

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/88791/Moyes-moves-in-with-2m-bid-for-Sanchez/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... r-Sanchez/</a>

Agree with what you say about Terrys leadership but all i was trying to put across was that Lescott is a better deal at £20m as against Terry at £40m.

The year Lescot arrived he scored 2 and a cup goal, Beattie scored 2, the following year he scored 8 and 2 euro goals as against Andy johnson 10, Last season he scored 5 plus 1 cup goal as opposed to Saha 5 and Yakubu 5 IS THAT NOT AS GOOD AS THE STRIKERS.

I'm not going to argue with you on a City forum but you said ..................

I'm not having a go m8 , but it's good to do a little homework before stating facts and figures , unless you would rather have the City lads think we're a bit daft :o)

So before you start trying to be a Smart arse your the one who needs to go away and get your facts right, i'm sure the City lads already know you're a bit daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.