Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
auction294 said:
johnmc said:
You can't consistently punch above your weight.

okay, I'll rephrase that. They have consistantly been lucky as I really don't think they are that great a side.

Which part of your line of thought has a barrier up just as you are about to write ' they have consistently been the 5th best team in the league ' ?
It's not like you would be telling lies after all .

BTW .... Need to get some work done , but here's a picture from last night :
6520_1194019255672_1384153780_19220.jpg

He doesn't look like he wants to leave to me :o)

Darker shade of Blue said:
Blue Phil said:
which are what exactly? am i correct in thinking that you have won jack all in the 21st century?

It's these short sighted comments that make a discussion difficult .
It does doesn't it, but it's comments like these:
So far , we've managed to turn very little into something special , and yes , it won't always work , especially when other teams can afford to buy a finished article , whilst we tend to find potential and develop it .
That essentially make every one on hear think that all evrton fans are willy's. Is that actually some way to imply that we just buy players and have a bad youth set up? looks like it, but thats clearly wrong as we have the best youth set up in the country probably, nedum, steve, micah, johnson, sturridge, hart are all shining examples, but when thinking about evrton i can only think of rodwell... who IMO isnt good.

With the greatest respect to DSOB and the other Everton posters on the Forum. Lescott is not worth a penny more than what has been already offered. I know he is a good player, can chip in with Goals and can cover at Left Back. However at the end of the day he is only an England squad player and he will never be more than that. He just does not have either the ability or the potential to get any better. I think now is the time strategically to walk away from this. £18M will buy a hell of a Centre Back from the Continent if Hughes and the scouting network have done their homework carefully.

At the same time perhaps a non-deal would weaken Everton dramatically. As fans from both camps have agreed Everton's total sum is more than the value of their parts and they are an over acheiving Club. By leaving Lescott where he is straight away one of their biggest players realises he has missed the Boat, Or in this case the "Gravy Train". Therefore a slightly disgruntled player on Moyes's hands. All their other saleable assets with major injuries. Yakubu, Arteta and Jagielka.Also It has already been pointed out that Everton could not afford a promising full back from Sheffield United; therefore no money in the kitty. I just cant see how they can finish Top six.

A final point. None of the Sky 4 or Villa or Spurs have ever expressed any interest in Lescott that speaks volumes in itself.

auction294 said:
okay, I'll rephrase that. They have consistantly been lucky as I really don't think they are that great a side.

Which part of your line of thought has a barrier up just as you are about to write ' they have consistently been the 5th best team in the league ' ?

He's simply laughing at this being the best trophy Everton can muster ;)

auction294 said:

Lescott leaves you or not, I really don't care.

In my best 'allo , allo accent. I shall say this only once. "I really don't think Everton are that good."

So you've finished high in the league a couple of seasons, in my opinion you've been lucky. Shit happens. Personally I belive the bus will lose it's wheels this year, or very soon if major investment is not achieved.

Blue Phil said:
It's these short sighted comments that make a discussion difficult .
It does doesn't it, but it's comments like these:
So far , we've managed to turn very little into something special , and yes , it won't always work , especially when other teams can afford to buy a finished article , whilst we tend to find potential and develop it .
That essentially make every one on hear think that all evrton fans are willy's. Is that actually some way to imply that we just buy players and have a bad youth set up? looks like it, but thats clearly wrong as we have the best youth set up in the country probably, nedum, steve, micah, johnson, sturridge, hart are all shining examples, but when thinking about evrton i can only think of rodwell... who IMO isnt good.

If you must quote someone , perhaps quote their FULL post and highlight the bits you want to respond to , as opposed to trying to make something look out of context .
Cheers .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.