Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nmc said:
If we walk away now - which I think we will Moyes will have a very unhappy player on his hands. Not sure how Moyes can motivate JL when he has cost him upwards of £60k per week.

Can't wait to see the look on Lescott's face when Moyes buggers off to take over from bacon face.

alera said:
Richards is our first choice right back. If he went we would only have Zabs really. Richards wont be leaving on loan or otherewise they have already had Joe. Its a straight cash deal thats been made very clear.

Don't you think that Neds could play at RB, I certainly do.
He is a fantastic player who can be utilised very well in defence.

alera said:
Actually its £20 million less. Hes currently on a 3 year deal on £35k a week. We are offering him a 5 year deal at £90k + a week.

Current deal is worth approx £4.8 million over the next 3 years the deal we are offering is more like £24 million over 5 years.

Yep. Huge difference when you look at it like that. You can't call someone a mercenary for taking an extra £20M that's on the table to play football.

Don't you think that Neds could play at RB, I certainly do.
He is a fantastic player who can be utilised very well in defence.

Yea but then who covers centre half with Kompany injured ?

BlueMooner87 wrote:
If we pull out of this, lescott cannot blame moyes he should put in transfer request

Which is what he'll do imho

Exactly. Personally I will be amazed if he doesnt go public and ask for the move. Alonso has done it, he will be a Real player wait and see and hes just as important to Liverpool if not more.

Like I said we should put a 1 week limit on it. He can come out and say he wants a move and we can get this deal done or go and get an alternate. I honestly think the other players we would look at would do as good a job and cost far less.
Yep. Huge difference when you look at it like that. You can't call someone a mercenary for taking an extra £20M that's on the table to play football.

No not at all you would have to be a liar or a hypocrite to even suggest it. That’s why I am so sure he will say he wants a move. If he doesn’t well he’s a very stupid boy IMO.

If I were Lescott and my club rated me in the £30m bracket. I’d expect a new contract offer to ward off potential suitors and to reflect my valuation as a £30m player.
I know this isn't going to happen, but it is a bit hypocritical of Everton to slap an unrealistic evaluation on a player, and continue to pay him on a scale which in real terms values the player more in the region of £10m.

As with any transfer post bosman, each party will attempt to do what is right for them. City, everton and Lescott all want the best deal possible. However, as already stated this is the most opportune time for everton and Lescott to maximise the financial element.

City have already displayed their intent to do a deal or more on to the next target, so no second chance for everton or Lescott. And imo the player or the club will never get a similar offer again. So i believe City will allow a certain time to elapse before ending the pursuit and move on.

It is a gamble by everton and Lescott whereas City will simply buy the next target in line. Your move Moyes!!!!!!

I also find it odd that Everton will hold out for an extra 2 mill, it leaves them with less time to buy a new player and also due to the 15% selling on cause that 2 million is only really 1.7 mill

I bet Wenger and Zola are praying we get Lescott.

If we dont get him Its almost certain we will go in for Upson or Hangerland maybe even both !

Hughes has said in the past, that there is a limit as to what they value a player at.
They did it with Santa Cruz in January, so I can't see us going over 22 mil.
He would have to be exceptional to command a fee of 25 million or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.