Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GStar said:
BlueMooner87 said:
I think you would be better with Distin

I thinkyou're better than Sol Campell. Distin is a very good shout. Like us, you've got your fair share of once great now cast off players. Some, like Phil Chuckle have worked, others, like Saha i'd say haven't.

Campell seems to be palying football simply because he can't be arsed retiring. I don't see any drive or desire in him.

Saha is actually looking damn good at the moment , and I'm enjoying watching him .

Campbell on a free might be worth a punt just for the experience he could give to the team , and I thought a 1 year contract may have been useful to both us and him with Jags being injured and Yobo disappearing for the African Nations .

BlueMooner87 said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
Seeing as there's no Lescott news , let's go off topic a bit .

What do you think about Sol Campbell ?
Worth a punt for Everton ?

Apologies for butting in on your conversation. I think WE'D be better off with Distin.

I know the logic with trying to weaken Everton by signing their best players but they would also be getting far more than the market value for Lescott. I know some think money doesn't matter any more, but Distin could do a job as a left sided central defender and hopefully we will be in a better position next season to go for other top central defenders. Just my opinion, I know Distin is hated by many a Blue.

Matty said:
leewill31 said:
cech
cole
terry
ferdinand
sagna
robinho *******
gerrard
alonso
arteta
torres
anelka

yes we have and i am being very unbiased and purely on footballing terms alone.
He didn't mean make an 11 out of the league, he meant pick the top 10 players. If that means 5 of them are strikers and there's no keeper then that's ok. Oh yeah, and Arteta is NOT one of the top 10 Premiership players.

i know i put a different angle on his question but he is a hard man to please is DSOB!

Saha is actually looking damn good at the moment , and I'm enjoying watching him .

Campbell on a free might be worth a punt just for the experience he could give to the team , and I thought a 1 year contract may have been useful to both us and him with Jags being injured and Yobo disappearing for the African Nations .

He's a very good striker... its a shame he pulls a muscle rolling over in bed.

It seems theres a lack of quality defenders coming through the ranks of world football. Maybe its just harder to spot them, i'd never really heard of Vidic before, Evra was shit for a season, Clichy improved from nowhere. The rest of the Prem "big 4" have been around a good while.

Its a tough poisition, as we're finding out

There is a light said:
BlueMooner87 said:

Apologies for butting in on your conversation. I think WE'D be better off with Distin.

I know the logic with trying to weaken Everton by signing their best players but they would also be getting far more than the market value for Lescott. I know some think money doesn't matter any more, but Distin could do a job as a left sided central defender and hopefully we will be in a better position next season to go for other top central defenders. Just my opinion, I know Distin is hated by many a Blue.
Distin will never be welcome at this club again after his badge kissing antics and "Big Club" bollocks he will always be greeted with boo's at the COMS.

There is a light said:
BlueMooner87 said:

How was he at City , why did you sell him , and presumably if you want him back , how much would he cost ?

leewill31 said:
Matty said:
He didn't mean make an 11 out of the league, he meant pick the top 10 players. If that means 5 of them are strikers and there's no keeper then that's ok. Oh yeah, and Arteta is NOT one of the top 10 Premiership players.

i know i put a different angle on his question but he is a hard man to please is DSOB!

lol . At least you made the effort m8 .

There is a light said:

How was he at City , why did you sell him , and presumably if you want him back , how much would he cost ?

Him and Dunne kept us in the division (with help from "Sir" Joey")

We didn't sell him, he wanted to move to a stable club (ddays before the takeover) and left to "win tropihes" (which he did at Pompey)

Don't want him back, would rather have Lescott, although i think his "badge kissing" was actually him telling the booing fans how much he'd loved City.

i'd reckon £4-6mil is a realistic price. But not sure if his contract is almost up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.