Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GStar said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
How was he at City , why did you sell him , and presumably if you want him back , how much would he cost ?

Him and Dunne kept us in the division (with help from "Sir" Joey")

We didn't sell him, he wanted to move to a stable club (ddays before the takeover) and left to "win tropihes" (which he did at Pompey)

Don't want him back, would rather have Lescott, although i think his "badge kissing" was actually him telling the booing fans how much he'd loved City.

i'd reckon £4-6mil is a realistic price. But not sure if his contract is almost up.

I think he is in his final season regarding a contract , and don't think he's renewed or extended as yet .

There is a light said:
BlueMooner87 said:
I think you would be better with Distin

Apologies for butting in on your conversation. I think WE'D be better off with Distin.

I know the logic with trying to weaken Everton by signing their best players but they would also be getting far more than the market value for Lescott. I know some think money doesn't matter any more, but Distin could do a job as a left sided central defender and hopefully we will be in a better position next season to go for other top central defenders. Just my opinion, I know Distin is hated by many a Blue.

Don't think a players price is relevent at all (not because we/any club have it) ......simple, buy the best player available,improve the team more.
Why on earth would anyone want to buy an inferior player in Distin for any price rather than a better player in Lescott for any price?? defies the logic of improving a team ;)

There is a light said:
Apologies for butting in on your conversation. I think WE'D be better off with Distin.

I know the logic with trying to weaken Everton by signing their best players but they would also be getting far more than the market value for Lescott. I know some think money doesn't matter any more, but Distin could do a job as a left sided central defender and hopefully we will be in a better position next season to go for other top central defenders. Just my opinion, I know Distin is hated by many a Blue.

How was he at City , why did you sell him , and presumably if you want him back , how much would he cost ?

He was outstanding wat City for me, he was a bit of a Billy big bollocks, but very cool and classy with pace to burn and formed a great partnership with Dunne. He pissed many fans off by running down his contract but to be fair, he put up with playing with some rubbish in his final years at City and he didn't owe us anything. He antagonised the fans by kissing his badge on his return but he did get some abuse if I remember rightly and is definitely worth the £3 million or whatever the asking price is for him.

There is a light said:

He was outstanding wat City for me, he was a bit of a Billy big bollocks, but very cool and classy with pace to burn and formed a great partnership with Dunne. He pissed many fans off by running down his contract but to be fair, he put up with playing with some rubbish in his final years at City and he didn't owe us anything. He antagonised the fans by kissing his badge on his return but he did get some abuse if I remember rightly and is definitely worth the £3 million or whatever the asking price is for him.
He also claimed that " however badly I played I felt I was guranteed a spot in the team" because he had no competition at city, he is a good player and I think he would be a great buy for Moyes Experienced prem proven defender.
p.s. I think he may have regretted the badge kissing after all the greif he had during the 6-0

southamptonblue said:
There is a light said:

Don't think a players price is relevent at all (not because we/any club have it) ......simple, buy the best player available,improve the team more.
Why on earth would anyone want to buy an inferior player in Distin for any price rather than a better player in Lescott for any price?? defies the logic of improving a team ;)

Because Everton can see us coming?

I know the theory of get in the top four at all cost but there has to be a point where a line is drawn. As said previously, I don't think Distin is shit at all but just my opinion.

There is a light said:
southamptonblue said:

I know the theory of get in the top four at all cost but there has to be a point where a line is drawn. As said previously, I don't think Distin is shit at all but just my opinion.

Pmsl.....I read that & thought you meant your opinion was shit. Sorry, no offense mate.

BlueMooner87 said:
There is a light said:
He also claimed that " however badly I played I felt I was guranteed a spot in the team" because he had no competition at city, he is a good player and I think he would be a great buy for Moyes Experienced prem proven defender.
p.s. I think he may have regretted the badge kissing after all the greif he had during the 6-0

I think there's too much debate over the player v fan banter .
I'm fairly sure that despite Rooney's efforts , we'd have him back in a flash .

There is a light said:
southamptonblue said:

He isn't shit...and i didn't even say he was poor ;) ........simply any side should buy the best player available that they could afford.....teams don't win trophies buying cheaper but inferior players.
IMO Lescott is a better player and regardless of paying £1 more or £100m more....we would still have a better side with Lescott than Distin.

People (not aimed at you specifically) that would rather have the 'best value' .....are the ones who will end up questioning why we didn't finish higher.......answer would be,we weren't good enough as we bought weaker players for less money.

BlueMooner87 said:
There is a light said:

As a general point it irritates me that fans think they can hand out as much abuse as they like to players and then get all precious and upset if they get some back. Distin did nothing wrong in my book with the badge kissing.

southamptonblue said:
There is a light said:

He isn't shit...and i didn't even say he was poor ;) ........simply any side should buy the best player available that they could afford.....teams don't win trophies buying cheaper but inferior players.
IMO Lescott is a better player and regardless of paying £1 more or £100m more....we would still have a better side with Lescott than Distin.

People (not aimed at you specifically) that would rather have the 'best value' .....are the ones who will end up questioning why we didn't finish higher.......answer would be,we weren't good enough as we bought weaker players for less money.

Don't get me wrong. I love having the money and spending it on players we could previously only have dreamed of and I understand we as a club have to pay a premium to attract players at this point in time. Saying that, money still has a little bit of meaning and there has to be a point (for me) where we draw the line with certain players. He does seem to have been a priority for Hughes from the beginning though so maybe he thinks he is worth it more than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.