Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodge said:
Chippy_boy said:
In my view giving one of our main competitors £22.5m is bad business. £22.5m is worth more to them than Lescott is to us.

In my view we should have bailed out at a lower number and gone looking in Europe for a suitable player.

EDIT: I mean - it's not that he's even that good. He's like OK but nothing special. I would value him at perhaps 8m ~ 10m.

I don't think the club consider Everton to be one of our main competitors.

We're aiming slightly higher than that..

Are we? I would say we are aiming to get into the top 4 this season, as are Everton, Villa and Spuds.

Aiming to win the Premiership is a nice idea and who knows what might happen, but it's not a very realistic target.

I say again, is anyone else surprised Lescott has not put in a transfer request?

Matty said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I totally agree with this post, NMF.

Also this obsession with "he isn't worth x amount". Who cares, it isn't our money, it doesn't go on the P&L.

He's worth what we are prepared to pay for him.

I really don't agree with the whole "Who cares it's not our money" standpoint, we should still try and get the best players, but attempt to be as frugal as possible in doing so.

More importantly our owners are not going to be stupid with their money. We walked away from Etoo - arguably the best striker in the world - when "only" an extra few million would have sorted out his loyalty bonus and we would have signed him. But no - we decided we weren't going to be taken for chumps so we walked away.

Likewise, I am sure we won't pay stupid money for anyone else... they have to be worth (to us) what we are being asked to pay.

Grrrrrrrrr. Any theories about the absense of a transfer request, given the circs?

No it's not

See Alonso at Liverpool, he WANTS to join Madrid

Lescott has said nothing no transfer request, no request for permission to speak to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.