Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Phil said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
i would agree with that
Hmm, i don't see the point in comparing the top 10 players in the league, every one will just pick strikers because they are the players who bag goals and headlines. Make's more sense to pick a starting 11 with the best players in each position, i think... so top starting 11:

Goal Keeper
Shay Given

Right Back
Barcary Sgne

Center Back
Rio Ferdinand

Center Back
Brede Hangeland

Left Back
Ashley Cole

Defensive Midfield
Essien

Central Midfield
Steven Gerrard

Right Wing
Ashley Young

Left Wing

Robinho

Striker

Fernando Torres

Striker
Didier Drogba

This is IMHO the most unbiased, best team in the league

Nice team, very nice indeed. Agree with the 'everyone will pick strikers' comment too. My own personal veiw, (if that's acceptable to put across, KBS), is that Giggs, taking account his age, the length of time he's done it at one club etc, (and that goal against West Ham), deserves to be in my own top 10, not necessarily based on the best in each position, but based on the fact he did it more often than not last season. Like you say though, everyone WILL be different.

There is a West Fan gets on Mancityfans - longstanding poster - saying that Upson bid confirmed and accepted

Pigeonho said:
Blue Phil said:
Hmm, i don't see the point in comparing the top 10 players in the league, every one will just pick strikers because they are the players who bag goals and headlines. Make's more sense to pick a starting 11 with the best players in each position, i think... so top starting 11:

Goal Keeper
Shay Given

Right Back
Barcary Sgne

Center Back
Rio Ferdinand

Center Back
Brede Hangeland

Left Back
Ashley Cole

Defensive Midfield
Essien

Central Midfield
Steven Gerrard

Right Wing
Ashley Young

Left Wing

Robinho

Striker

Fernando Torres

Striker
Didier Drogba

This is IMHO the most unbiased, best team in the league

Nice team, very nice indeed. Agree with the 'everyone will pick strikers' comment too. My own personal veiw, (if that's acceptable to put across, KBS), is that Giggs, taking account his age, the length of time he's done it at one club etc, (and that goal against West Ham), deserves to be in my own top 10, not necessarily based on the best in each position, but based on the fact he did it more often than not last season. Like you say though, everyone WILL be different.

Have you seen Giggs' stats for last season? 2 Goals and 7 assists. Not exactly anything special now is it, considering he was playing for the team that won the league. Like you said everyone will be different but I just find it hard to believe anyone would deem those stats that of a top 10 player

Bellamy's Caddy said:
Pigeonho said:

Have you seen Giggs' stats for last season? 2 Goals and 7 assists. Not exactly anything special now is it, considering he was playing for the team that won the league. Like you said everyone will be different but I just find it hard to believe anyone would deem those stats that of a top 10 player

Granted, but Gerrard only had 7 too, yet he played the equivilent of 11 matches more than Giggs, therefore if he, (Giggs), had played the same amount as Gerrard, he would have had more. MOst people would put Gerrard in the top ten based on his goals, well i'm putting Giggs in based on the fact he did as well as Gerrard, or if not as well only slightly worse, (other than goals), even though he played far, far less. Most fans wouldn't put Robinho in the top ten based on the fact he may as well have been dead when we were away from home, but some people will put him in their based on his 14 goal haul in his first season. Its horses for courses, and what makes the game so great.

Pigeonho said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:

Granted, but Gerrard only had 7 too, yet he played the equivilent of 11 matches more than Giggs, therefore if he, (Giggs), had played the same amount as Gerrard, he would have had more. MOst people would put Gerrard in the top ten based on his goals, well i'm putting Giggs in based on the fact he did as well as Gerrard, or if not as well only slightly worse, (other than goals), even though he played far, far less. Most fans wouldn't put Robinho in the top ten based on the fact he may as well have been dead when we were away from home, but some people will put him in their based on his 14 goal haul in his first season. Its horses for courses, and what makes the game so great.

Fair play you make a compelling argument. I'm happy to argree to disagree, interesting take on it definitely, like you say it is what makes the game great.

that west ham fan reckons Upson was pulled from line-up in friendly in far east because of our bid being accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.