Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
happyblue. said:
nickson71 said:
any chance of a name

No sorry guys, other than what is already in the public domain Alex and Bassong, I haven't been told anything else. We will def bring in one more defender, but have been told unless something exceptional presents itself, thats the lot!

I would be really surprised if we do not bring in another central midfielder - there is no central mid cover for Barry and Ireland unless we play 2 defensive mids or we play MJ, so for me another non defensive CM
is clearly needed, (however I am not the manager. just a saddo who goes to games and types on here)

happyblue. said:
nickson71 said:
any chance of a name

No sorry guys, other than what is already in the public domain Alex and Bassong, I haven't been told anything else. We will def bring in one more defender, but have been told unless something exceptional presents itself, thats the lot!

Good news this. Lescott is a good player, but £18m represents the maximum we should be prepared to pay. Everton don't want to sell, and Lescott appears happy to stay, so that's the end of the matter really. I rate Alex very highly. Can't say that I've seen enough of Bassong to comment, but I've noticed that some very good judges of a player have been linked with him (Wenger & Redknapp to name two), which is a promising sign. All in all, an excellent transfer window if we get one of those two, plus (if I'm being greedy) a top quality creative midfielder to replace Elano if one crops up.

hgblue said:
happyblue. said:

Good news this. Lescott is a good player, but £18m represents the maximum we should be prepared to pay. Everton don't want to sell, and Lescott appears happy to stay, so that's the end of the matter really. I rate Alex very highly. Can't say that I've seen enough of Bassong to comment, but I've noticed that some very good judges of a player have been linked with him (Wenger & Redknapp to name two), which is a promising sign. All in all, an excellent transfer window if we get one of those two, plus (if I'm being greedy) a top quality creative midfielder to replace Elano if one crops up.

'Ol Twitcher will blow his top if we BTOOTW again and the Spurs fans will lose it because we're "stealing all of spurs signings"

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Lescott is NOT happy to stay at Everton

ALLEGEDLY he is not, but if he really does want to join us I would have thought he needs to say so this weekend - if he stays at everton good luck to him, we need to move on

hgblue said:
happyblue. said:

i agree we could do with a replacement but to get top quality they would want to be starting most games, but we have Ireland for that role I think Viera would be ideal, Experienced prem player and I think he would be happy on the bench till he is needed. Just a thought, if we don't replace him I recon we are going to rely on MJ for the replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.