Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Lescott is NOT happy to stay at Everton

Then he should say so.

Gets on my tits all these millionaire footballers that want a move but a scared to say so for fear of losing their loyalty bonus or knowing the truth that they thought their future was better served elsewhere.

We do Barry and Tevezz can cover that position.

Gets on my tits all these millionaire footballers that want a move but a scared to say so for fear of losing their loyalty bonus or knowing the truth that they thought their future was better served elsewhere.

EXACTLY

Hes made it clear he wants the move even talk he has put a transfer request in. HE NEEDS TO MAKE IT PUBLIC.

Really I just think hes a pussy,what hes scared of Moyes and the Everton fans ? To me it seems stupid turning down the opportunity but more than that the money !

We need a creative midflelder in this window, thx for updates happyblue glad we ain't going in with another bid, 18 mill was more than enough.
Have you heard anything on rumour micah might be on way out HB

If it's true that Lescott is set on the move, it'd be a shame if everton effectively forced Jolean to request a transfer request. All this talk about how morally correct they are in this situation, but really, moyes is talking out of the side of his mouth, and seems to be happy to deny Jolean a very good move for his family and career, even though city have made a more than reasonable offer. Forget this idea that everton will not sell at any price. If they meant that, they would have said it loud and clear. Today's comment that 'they wouldn't sell for 30m' appears to be little more than a cynical attempt to signal that they think the negotiations could continue indefinitely, until they reach a price that has them dancing around the board room. City aren't a cash cow, and neither is lescott. He is a player who has served them very well, to the extent where his value outstrips what they seem to be willing to pay him (as I don't see any signs of him being offered a contract in line with this 30m valuation).

BlueMooner87 said:
hgblue said:
Good news this. Lescott is a good player, but £18m represents the maximum we should be prepared to pay. Everton don't want to sell, and Lescott appears happy to stay, so that's the end of the matter really. I rate Alex very highly. Can't say that I've seen enough of Bassong to comment, but I've noticed that some very good judges of a player have been linked with him (Wenger & Redknapp to name two), which is a promising sign. All in all, an excellent transfer window if we get one of those two, plus (if I'm being greedy) a top quality creative midfielder to replace Elano if one crops up.
i agree we could do with a replacement but to get top quality they would want to be starting most games, but we have Ireland for that role I think Viera would be ideal, Experienced prem player and I think he would be happy on the bench till he is needed. Just a thought, if we don't replace him I recon we are going to rely on MJ for the replacement

Viera has been a very good player, but he's past his best, and we're very well stocked with DMs (De Jong, Kompany, Barry, Zab). My concern would be if Ireland gets injured or suffers a loss of form, what then? We're putting a lot of pressure on young shoulders there, and maybe he could do with some healthy competition for his place.

bizzbo said:
if it's true that Lescott is set on the move, it'd be a shame if everton effectively forced Jolean to request a transfer request.

Why?

If he is set on a transfer he should ask for a transfer.

Do you think Everton should pay the loyalty bonus that they would have to if he was sold without requesting a move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.