Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Theo555 said:
I have never understood this comment you always give me Nixon and would love you to explain it, if you can.

I never believed TFM and loved his thread as I found it hilarious how some (citoeast) loved to believe every word he said!

Why was I burnt?

methinks Sir doth protest too much ;o)

art_0124.gif

Why can't you answer me?

moomba said:
bizzbo said:
if it's true that Lescott is set on the move, it'd be a shame if everton effectively forced Jolean to request a transfer request.

Why?

If he is set on a transfer he should ask for a transfer.

Do you think Everton should pay the loyalty bonus that they would have to if he was sold without requesting a move?

Loyalty bonus LOL. It's compensation for breaking the contract. Neither of us have any idea how much it would amount to. Jolean is in good standing with the fans. If they gave a shit about him, they could seek to negotiate a compromise, along the lines of, we'll give you no compensation, but we will do our bit to help smooth the waters. Instead, they are moving further and further away from any compromise. Seems to me they are only interested in gaining every last penny out of his sale.

bizzbo said:
Loyalty bonus LOL. It's compensation for breaking the contract. Neither of us have any idea how much it would amount to. Jolean is in good standing with the fans. If they gave a shit about him, they could seek to negotiate a compromise, along the lines of, we'll give you no compensation, but we will do our bit to help smooth the waters. Instead, they are moving further and further away from any compromise. Seems to me they are only interested in gaining every last penny out of his sale.

If both sides are happy to break a contract, why should get compensation?

They may be interested in getting every last penny out of the sale, and good on them if that is the case. I would hope we would do the same (even though I hope we call their bluff and give them nothing). Or maybe they want to keep the player as they've been saying repeatededly.

Look, I guess it's their right. I'm just making the point that the lectures about our clubs lack of 'morality' that we have been subjected to by Phil Neville, and the Everton fans on here, are extremely hollow, and more than a little hypocritical.

If it's true that Lescott is set on the move, it'd be a shame if everton effectively forced Jolean to request a transfer request. All this talk about how morally correct they are in this situation, but really, moyes is talking out of the side of his mouth, and seems to be happy to deny Jolean a very good move for his family and career, even though city have made a more than reasonable offer. Forget this idea that everton will not sell at any price. If they meant that, they would have said it loud and clear. Today's comment that 'they wouldn't sell for 30m' appears to be little more than a cynical attempt to signal that they think the negotiations could continue indefinitely, until they reach a price that has them dancing around the board room. City aren't a cash cow, and neither is lescott. He is a player who has served them very well, to the extent where his value outstrips what they seem to be willing to pay him (as I don't see any signs of him being offered a contract in line with this 30m valuation).

I agree. Its not that Lescott is unhappy I am sure he is not, but when a bigger club come in and offer you 5 times as much money over your contract and an opportunity to win things and play at a higher level you are obviously going to be interested.

Everton wont give him a longer contract or more money. Hes not a charity at the end of the day, players careers are short he has a family and he lives in Manchester.

So the point is he would be happier at this stage at city ands hes being denied the opportunity to move onto bigger and better things.

Personally I think its right we dont offer them anymore as they are desperate for money. If they want to play hard ball so should we. Get Jo back and turn this into an exercise in fucking Everton football club over and go for another suitable target.

Everton and the player will be very surprised if we drop this and dont go back in IMO. It will result in the player being unsettled and unhappy for not being given the oopportunity to at least speak to us.

bizzbo said:
Look, I guess it's their right. I'm just making the point that the lectures about our clubs lack of 'morality' that we have been subjected to by Phil Neville, and the Everton fans on here, are extremely hollow, and more than a little hypocritical.

Ignore them. They'd all do the same if they were in our position (can't remember Phil Chuckle criticising rags recruitment when he was there).

We've done nothing wrong making bids for a player. Everton have done nothing wrong refusing them.

Lescott either doesn't want to come or he is being a gutless wanker.

Lescott either doesn't want to come or he is being a gutless wanker.

I think its pretty obvious its the latter. No one turns down £20 million extra over 5 years.

He thinks we will pay what Everton they want and he will still get the move. I can see one very unhappy player when we move on and sign someone else.

I wonder what his Mrs thinks about this. I can tell you most mens wives would be going fucking ape shit if their husbands turned down that much extra dosh and get to spend more time at home with their kid.

Wilmslow to Liverool - 1.5 - 2 hours drive. Wimslow to manchester - 45 minutes - 1 hour drive.

moomba said:
If both sides are happy to break a contract, why should get compensation?

They may be interested in getting every last penny out of the sale, and good on them if that is the case. I would hope we would do the same (even though I hope we call their bluff and give them nothing). Or maybe they want to keep the player as they've been saying repeatededly.

If they want to keep the player, then they should pay him in line with the valuation they have placed upon him. a 30m player should be earning at least 80k p/w. if they don't do that, they are treating him very badly indeed. they are trying to have their cake and eat it.

Time to forget Lescott, withdraw our interest and move on. He's a good player but he's not worth all this hassle. We shouldn't stand for some skint scousers fucking us about when they need the money for strengthening their own squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.