Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Lescott as being a gutless wanker. He has built up a very good standing with the fans and club over several years. If they forced him to hand in a transfer request, the fans will turn on him in a flash. It'd be a shame that Everton felt it necessary to subject him to that when I have to think that a compromise could be reached over any 'loyalty payment'. It'd also be a message to any players joining Everton in the future, that they could not expect fair recompense in line with the clubs valuation of them, and if they sought it elsewhere, the club would block them, no matter how well they had served the club, regardless of the fact Everton would be compensated more than fairly.

He is a good player but hes not £20 million better than Upson or Hangerland. Alex might do at a pinch I doubt very much Chelsea would sell especialyl to us.

We should not sign Bassong under any circumstances though he is completely shit !

i think if we announce we will be making no more bids as we feel we are being played for too much money so we are now going to walk away, whilst at the same time making it clear that the offer of 18 million remains, i think then and only then will lescott put a transfer request in.

Earn £4.8 million over 3 years - 4 hours a day travel time.

Earn £25 million over 5 years - 2 hours a day travel time.

5 times as much money, extra 12 hours a week with your kid an Mrs. Only a pussy / idiot turns down that deal. If I fucked up that badly my Mrs would divorce me !

On paper it seems impossible he wont saying something and make it happen. He must be really stupid or really scared of the backlash !

alera said:
He is a good player but hes not £20 million better than Upson or Hangerland. Alex might do at a pinch I doubt very much Chelsea would sell especialyl to us.

We should not sign Bassong under any circumstances though he is completely shit !

Of course he's not 20m better.... but I bet the other two might cost city a bit more than 10m!

bizzbo said:
If they want to keep the player, then they should pay him in line with the valuation they have placed upon him. a 30m player should be earning at least 80k p/w. if they don't do that, they are treating him very badly indeed. they are trying to have their cake and eat it.

Bollocks. He's got a contract with Everton, they agreed it in good faith, he agreed it in good faith. And of he was injured or not not playing well I bet he wouldn't be rushing to Everton demanding to renegotiate his contract.

If he wants to leave he should grow a pair and say so. And if he does want to leave he doesn't deserve a loyalty bonus because he quite simply isn't being loyal.

If Everton don't want to sell, that's their perogative, and professionalism should not be regarded as a sign of weakness.

If we're in for a central defender, I hope we do it quickly, and the only likely targets in the English game are Upson & Hangelaand. Of the two, I'd hope we go for Upson.

I'd be very happy if we just left it at that, and worked with what we've got. The club have given Hughes the resources to do the job, but now he has a mammoyth job on his hands to build a team in the shortest possible time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.