Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
If Everton don't want to sell, that's their perogative, and professionalism should not be regarded as a sign of weakness.

If we're in for a central defender, I hope we do it quickly, and the only likely targets in the English game are Upson & Hangelaand. Of the two, I'd hope we go for Upson.

I'd be very happy if we just left it at that, and worked with what we've got. The club have given Hughes the resources to do the job, but now he has a mammoyth job on his hands to build a team in the shortest possible time
would like a replacement for elano

C_T_I_D said:
Time to forget Lescott, withdraw our interest and move on. He's a good player but he's not worth all this hassle. We shouldn't stand for some skint scousers fucking us about when they need the money for strengthening their own squad.

i've commented on this before, without any malice, and i could comment on 'bigger club' (nine title incl some in my lifetime)etc

but the comments border on arrogance - we don't need to strengthen - we have consistently done well without rich benefactors (you're on your second btw and you've only celebrated with arabic hats

i wish you well but you have to pick off fulham, spurs, west ham, villa etc before you even think about even top four

i like city, i hope you crack it, but some of you are turning into 'rags'

you celebrate open top buses with trophies, not takeovers and signings

remember what made you City ffs

what happened to the pride in uniqueness - uwe rossler, bradford away, gilligham at wembley, colin bell, imre varadi etc

not alot happening so i've just spent 10-15 mins looking through toffee talk! few little interesting things on there, today they've had a preston ITK on saying how everton are going to bid 4.5 mil for sean st.ledger, and the garry cahill story is on there too, granted i only read a few pages on each topic but they seemed pretty up for st.ledger, mixed on cahill! on the lescott thread they all seemed pretty resigned to him going, and basically saying what we are. . . .that if he really wants to go he has to put a request in, they also have a graph drawn up as to how much they should sell lescott for! again on the lescott thread i only read a few pages! thought it might interest some of you. . . . i also found it quite humerous that the posters i saw were all fairly pleasent regarding us really, nothing awful! how come we attract all the nutty evertonions on here?.

evertonfc said:
i've commented on this before, without any malice, and i could comment on 'bigger club' (nine title incl some in my lifetime)etc

but the comments border on arrogance - we don't need to strengthen - we have consistently done well without rich benefactors (you're on your second btw and you've only celebrated with arabic hats

i wish you well but you have to pick off fulham, spurs, west ham, villa etc before you even think about even top four

what happened to the pride in uniqueness - uwe rossler, bradford away, gilligham at wembley, colin bell, imre varadi etc

Have a think about what would happen if you were in the same boat.

No doubt at all Everton supporters would suffer from the same giddiness.

And it is logical that a side with money will attract players from a club with less money. I suspect Lescott does want to come to us, it's nothing against Everton, it's just common sense that an industry that has more than their fair share of of greedy people in it will see people move for money. And I don't even think it's all about money, surely you can see that a side with resources like ours has a much better chance than a side with the resources to maybe break into the top 4 and no further. And surely you must see that is an attraction to a lot of footballers (it's a shame I know but we've been used to it over the years, perhaps it's time you get used to it).

But if you're going to throw "just like rags" insults in our face, seriously you can fuck off.

We're nothing like them, even the giddiest, or the most obnoxious. We are a totally different type of football supporter and if you think you can throw the most obvious insult in the world at us, and have us all bow down and aoplogise to you I'm afraid you're mistaken.

evertonfc said:
C_T_I_D said:
Time to forget Lescott, withdraw our interest and move on. He's a good player but he's not worth all this hassle. We shouldn't stand for some skint scousers fucking us about when they need the money for strengthening their own squad.

i wish you well but you have to pick off fulham, spurs, west ham, villa etc before you even think about even the top 4

remember what made you City

evertonfc said:
C_T_I_D said:

Fuck off and dont come on here telling us what it means to be a City fan or how we should support our team!

Sick to death of you scouse fucks on here of late.

Worry about your own club, dont concern yourself with our's ok.

blueinsa said:
evertonfc said:

Fuck off and dont come on here telling us what it means to be a City fan or how we should support our team!

Sick to death of you scouse fucks on here of late.

Worry about your own club, dont concern yourself with our's ok.
well said, made me look up this though..[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnokRR4Qkzo[/youtube]
;-)

moomba said:
evertonfc said:

Have a think about what would happen if you were in the same boat.

No doubt at all Everton supporteres would suffer from the same giddiness.

And it is logical that a side with money will attract players from a club with less money. I suspect Lescott does want to come to us, it's nothing against Everton, it's just common sense that an industry that has more than their fair share of of greedy people in it will see people move for money. And I don't even think it's all about money, surely you can see that a side with resources like ours has a much better chance than a side with the resources to maybe break into the top 4 and no further. And surely you must see that is an attraction to a lot of footballers (it's a shame I know but we've been used to it over the years, perhaps it's time you get used to it).

But if you're going to throw "just like rags" insults in our face, seriously you can fuck off.

We're nothing like them, even the giddiest, or the most obnoxious. We are a totally different type of football supporter and if you think you can throw the most obvious insult in the world at us, and have us all bow down and aoplogise to you I'm afraid you're mistaken.

not meant as an insult at all - sorry if taken

i believe, as do most evertonians that you're more like us than you'd want to believe

honest, true, with twats of neighbours

probably a bad choice of wors - but this is easily relatable to the sheer obviousness that united applied to rooney joining them - taking no account of true values

the game has changed- even kenwright wants a backer btu it's not necessarily the best way forward for the game i started watching in 73

best of luck, no offence meant , i was using your language

evertonfc said:
C_T_I_D said:

Look I like Everton to, but I would'nt dream of going on an Everton forum and generalising. We are City we are still here and if the money went tomorrow I would still be going to Barnsley tomorrow aswell as the majority on this board. I will be as honest as I can and tell you that I'm sick to death with self rightous Evertonians coming on this board, having a go at us and then saying we have changed when we talk back.

What I say to all these evertonians and other fans is "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE SHIT" eh!!!!!!!

I ain't having a go, more pissed off of it all.

evertonfc said:

That is all still with us, we'll always rememeber our history and "the dark days".

As for the celebrating of the takeover and our new signings, its called excitement! and showing appreciation. I spent 2 hours in the pouring rain on wednesday just to see Kolo Toure arrive and COMS, you wouldnt catch a rag doing that. Thats because we are thankful that ADUG chose to invest in us and want to show that we are.

I know there are some blues who seem abit over excited and bordering arrogant but i can assure you they're of a small minority and many of their comments are "tongue in cheek".

But one thing you've got to realise, is that money DOES talk in football and that has been proven over the last few years, if you do not strengthen a team that finished 5th last year, then imo its unlikely that you'll better that this season.

One things for sure the top 4 have got some strong competition heading their way, if we dont break it then theres always teams such as yourself, Villa and maybe even Spurs, but this is good for the league, the more competitive it is the better. Although it could turn into two mini leagues, one being the top10 and the other the bottom10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.