Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bizzbo said:
If it's true that Lescott is set on the move, it'd be a shame if everton effectively forced Jolean to request a transfer request. All this talk about how morally correct they are in this situation, but really, moyes is talking out of the side of his mouth, and seems to be happy to deny Jolean a very good move for his family and career, even though city have made a more than reasonable offer. Forget this idea that everton will not sell at any price. If they meant that, they would have said it loud and clear. Today's comment that 'they wouldn't sell for 30m' appears to be little more than a cynical attempt to signal that they think the negotiations could continue indefinitely, until they reach a price that has them dancing around the board room. City aren't a cash cow, and neither is lescott. He is a player who has served them very well, to the extent where his value outstrips what they seem to be willing to pay him (as I don't see any signs of him being offered a contract in line with this 30m valuation).
Can't agree with any of that, I'm afraid. Everton have a good player under contract that they would rather not sell. If he wants to leave, he should say so. They owe him absolutely fuck all. Equally, if we really want him, we have to pay what they want. It really is as simple as that.

Appreciate what your trying to say EFC , but we´ll NEVER be like rags - we can´t take ourselves THAT seriously - take a peek on Rag Issue and you´ll see what I mean
You have to understand the euphoria at times - 10 years ago we were in the 3rd tier of English football - you lot got away THREE times with relegation when frankly you deserved it but we always seemed to fall through the trap door - you got lucky but now it´s OUR turn and to some tune mate.
It could all go tits up of course coz it´s still City, but no-one, NO-ONE should ever forget the fantastic loyalty shown by sky blues even as the other lot were sweeping up in all competitions
Anyway good luck for the season - could be very exciting !

bizzbo said:
can the next everton fan to call us all arrogant, please substantiate the claim a little? be specific? It's a shitty label to use, if you have the respect for our club and fans that you claim.
This is arrogant:
C_T_I_D said:
We shouldn't stand for some skint scousers fucking us about when they need the money for strengthening their own squad.

Dubai Blue said:
bizzbo said:
If it's true that Lescott is set on the move, it'd be a shame if everton effectively forced Jolean to request a transfer request. All this talk about how morally correct they are in this situation, but really, moyes is talking out of the side of his mouth, and seems to be happy to deny Jolean a very good move for his family and career, even though city have made a more than reasonable offer. Forget this idea that everton will not sell at any price. If they meant that, they would have said it loud and clear. Today's comment that 'they wouldn't sell for 30m' appears to be little more than a cynical attempt to signal that they think the negotiations could continue indefinitely, until they reach a price that has them dancing around the board room. City aren't a cash cow, and neither is lescott. He is a player who has served them very well, to the extent where his value outstrips what they seem to be willing to pay him (as I don't see any signs of him being offered a contract in line with this 30m valuation).
Can't agree with any of that, I'm afraid. Everton have a good player under contract that they would rather not sell. If he wants to leave, he should say so. They owe him absolutely fuck all. Equally, if we really want him, we have to pay what they want. It really is as simple as that.

Your absolutely spot on Dubai.

Dubai Blue said:
bizzbo said:
can the next everton fan to call us all arrogant, please substantiate the claim a little? be specific? It's a shitty label to use, if you have the respect for our club and fans that you claim.
This is arrogant:
C_T_I_D said:
We shouldn't stand for some skint scousers fucking us about when they need the money for strengthening their own squad.
No it isn't.

Dubai Blue said:
bizzbo said:

fair enough, I'm illustrating the difference between legally enforceable, and what would be fair treatment of an individual who is held in high regard by the club and fans. as i've said, they are entitled to do this, and hope that it doesn't put others off from joining them in the future. but to then lecture us about arrogance and morality?

panto01.jpg

If Everscum arent selling Lescott then we should move on, however I dont think we should get Upson or Hangelaand...

...We should first try Mexés because Roma said they are willing to sell if it helps their other stars stay at the club.

If that fails then we should go for Agger, He's been replaced by Skrtl so we may as well enquire.

If he says no then look at Marchena.

Then plan D should be Upson.

After that is Hangelaand.

Then Alex.

You see, there are other options out there so dont worry, it would be better for us to walk away if Lescott doesnt hand in a transfer request. 30 mill my arse.

If anyone I'd prefer Mexés anyway as if we only need a left footed centre back to cover left back, then we should keep hold of Garrido, he's not that bad, and we've always got Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.