Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubai Blue said:
bizzbo said:
can the next everton fan to call us all arrogant, please substantiate the claim a little? be specific? It's a shitty label to use, if you have the respect for our club and fans that you claim.
This is arrogant:
C_T_I_D said:
We shouldn't stand for some skint scousers fucking us about when they need the money for strengthening their own squad.
i like it, personally. blimey, the day we can't call them skint scousers, the day boasting and bragging on our own boards is ruled politically incorrect, I think i'll have to find something else to tickle my sense of humour.

Brucie Bonus said:
panto01.jpg

i've heard of the 'king nevilles, but not neville king.

southstand117 said:
blueinsa said:
Fuck off and dont come on here telling us what it means to be a City fan or how we should support our team!

Sick to death of you scouse fucks on here of late.

Worry about your own club, dont concern yourself with our's ok.
well said, made me look up this though..[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnokRR4Qkzo[/youtube]
;-)

good post fella, took me back that did

Just to clarify my post Bizzbo by skint scousers I meant Everton Football Club and not the supporters of Everton that choose to post on this forum. If specifying their financial circumstances and that I do not think we should stand for them moving the goalposts in terms of fee and that we should withdraw our interest in the player accordingly is arrogant then feel free to label me so.

bizzbo said:
Dubai Blue said:
This is arrogant:
i like it, personally. blimey, the day we can't call them skint scousers, the day boasting and bragging on our own boards is ruled politically incorrect, I think i'll have to find something else to tickle my sense of humour.
I think you're reading a little too much into it; I never said it wasn't amusing.

But you asked for an example of arrogance. And this is exactly that. Too many City fans are stamping their feet like spoilt kids and effectively demanding Everton sell us one of their best players simply because we're richer than them.

When our offer for Lescott reaches a point at which Everton are willing to sell, we'll get our man. Until that point, we can woman and moan all we want, but it won't get us anywhere.

C_T_I_D said:
I do not think we should stand for them moving the goalposts in terms of fee
They have a player that we desperately want to sign. They are fully entitled to do whatever the fuck they want.

The idea that they should simply accept 18m because it's a "fair offer" is utter bollocks. We've just offered upwards of 40m and 1m a month for a 28 year old (almost 29) with an extremely dodgy back. If I was Everton, I'd be trying to fleece us too.

bizzbo said:
can the next everton fan to call us all arrogant, please substantiate the claim a little? be specific? It's a shitty label to use, if you have the respect for our club and fans that you claim.
Assume he means the fans who belittle EFC, and call Lescott a coward for not handing in a transfer request.

If that's not arrogance, what is? And what's worse is that we have a modern playing history that is far inferior of Everton's unlike Utd, Liverpool etc so there really is no place for it

Great to see City sign World Class players, but all the hard work has yet to be done. We can start crowing when we've won a few games. Remember that we were once down with the dead men when we were in Div 2, and City were just as worthy of our support as they are now.

If City finish above Everton we will have had a good season. They have some quality players in Lescot, Jagielka, Arteta, and Cahill, and a good manager, and great team spirit. I don't like watching them play football, but they are one of the hardest teams to beat.

City still have it all to do.

Balti said:
vbr said:
It's obvious Moyes doesn't want to sell at any price and if Lescott was desperate to move he would have handed in a formal transfer request already. Time to move on to another target of better quality, especially if > £30m is what Everton might compromise at we can get a lot better at CB for over £30m than Joleon bloody Lescott.

Fantastic post. Couldn't agree more... ;-)

It's not rocket science is it. We are trying to force a situation that does want to happen by applying stupid money to it. Daft idea.

Let's put the money to good uses and buy elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.