Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubai Blue said:
bizzbo said:
i like it, personally. blimey, the day we can't call them skint scousers, the day boasting and bragging on our own boards is ruled politically incorrect, I think i'll have to find something else to tickle my sense of humour.
I think you're reading a little too much into it; I never said it wasn't amusing.

But you asked for an example of arrogance. And this is exactly that. Too many City fans are stamping their feet like spoilt kids and effectively demanding Everton sell us one of their best players simply because we're richer than them.

When our offer for Lescott reaches a point at which Everton are willing to sell, we'll get our man. Until that point, we can woman and moan all we want, but it won't get us anywhere.

You're a very wise man dubai blue.

Chippy_boy said:
Balti said:
Fantastic post. Couldn't agree more... ;-)

It's not rocket science is it. We are trying to force a situation that does want to happen by applying stupid money to it. Daft idea.

Let's put the money to good uses and buy elsewhere.
How do you know Everton's resolve and transfer strategy before you test it out?

They might have wanted to spend the monies elsewhere, or they may have identified an alternative central defender.

Who'd have thought City would be able to sign Adebayor, or Barry?

Marvin said:
bizzbo said:
can the next everton fan to call us all arrogant, please substantiate the claim a little? be specific? It's a shitty label to use, if you have the respect for our club and fans that you claim.
Assume he means the fans who belittle EFC, and call Lescott a coward for not handing in a transfer request.

If that's not arrogance, what is? And what's worse is that we have a modern playing history that is far inferior of Everton's unlike Utd, Liverpool etc so there really is no place for it

Great to see City sign World Class players, but all the hard work has yet to be done. We can start crowing when we've won a few games. Remember that we were once down with the dead men when we were in Div 2, and City were just as worthy of our support as they are now.

If City finish above Everton we will have had a good season. They have some quality players in Lescot, Jagielka, Arteta, and Cahill, and a good manager, and great team spirit. I don't like watching them play football, but they are one of the hardest teams to beat.

Agree with this entirely, Rome was not built in a day-and i am not talking about Roma's set-up.

City still have it all to do.

I don't see the arrogance in CTID's statement; that is, that statement (and none other) which was characterized as arrogant by DB. Please don't infer anything.

"Skint" I just took it as a bit of wind-up banter. "Scousers" is what they are. Not putting up with them raising the price, fair enough, surely?

I don't think Lescott is a "coward". I'm stunned (stunned I say!) that anyone would believe moral and physical courage is the issue -wtf???? I don't blame Everton for their refusal to sell him. God bless 'em ffs. I like him. I'd like to have him at City...but he's not that good. I don't think he's 20m good (taken in isolation).

I don't think that Everton are taking the piss. I think they are deadly serious - he's not for sale. Move on. No need to slag anyone off about it.

lescotts car definately at eastlands this afternoon.it,s either been twokked or david moyes has,nt had it twakked very well

Dubai Blue said:
bizzbo said:
i like it, personally. blimey, the day we can't call them skint scousers, the day boasting and bragging on our own boards is ruled politically incorrect, I think i'll have to find something else to tickle my sense of humour.
I think you're reading a little too much into it; I never said it wasn't amusing.

But you asked for an example of arrogance. And this is exactly that. Too many City fans are stamping their feet like spoilt kids and effectively demanding Everton sell us one of their best players simply because we're richer than them.

When our offer for Lescott reaches a point at which Everton are willing to sell, we'll get our man. Until that point, we can woman and moan all we want, but it won't get us anywhere.

I asked the Evertonians for examples of arrogance, not city fans ;)

I take the point though, and definitely won't get us anywhere, but when someone asks for the unreasonable (30m+) then I think you are more or less entitled to tell them to do one with any words you see fit. Everton may or may not have a use for the money, that's beyond me, although it would come in handy for the new stadium (no..... let's not go there).

what I do think is unfair, is that everton are effectively saying that lescott's services over the next 2 and half years are worth 30m to them, but they're only paying actually paying the player 8m. something's wrong there, surely. it seems unfair on the player. doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.