Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
barryo said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
Tony Brook ? What's he got to do with anything ?
Have you forgotten Joe Mercer ?

*sighs*
Just like those carrot crunchers from Blackburn who sing "you've never won fuck all" to us every year.

.....and if you know your history blah blah blah

Wow , words getting round fast then .

Darker shade of Blue said:
sniff said:
but will you add that he was a top world class player last time you had any success??? if im right 95

and he was playing for barca the time before that, i wouldnt say failed just signed 15 years to late???

Hughes was a damn fine player and if anyone tells you different they are talking bollox m8 .

well you was the one who said he was a failed player, i was just checking

For the past 30 years I have worked from time to time for a property manager who has a very successful wife who is a solicitor and runs a law firm and is now an MP. As a family they have shares in Wolves and for years they were raving about a central defender that played for the Wolves that was good enough to play in the premiership and will hopefully take them there. Wolves had no choice but to build their team organically as they had limited funds and it wasn't long before the big boys were knocking on the door enquiring about the special player they had. Wolves had become a club that struggled financially although they had great history.
The player was Lescott and the team to take advantage of the Wolves financial plight was everton.
This higher ground ploy from the everton fans is embarrassing and far from the truth.
We as a club are far more organic than they will ever be as is proven with our Acedemy and the players that have made the grade from the Academy. Richards. Ned. Ireland, Johnstone and to a point Joe Hart, Weiss and plenty more to come.
Moyes is the most overrated manager in the premiership for me. They got to the FA cup final, went 1-0 up and then Shit themselves. everton got BEAT because they showed a lack of ambition Moyes is a poor manager and has with a lot of luck overachieved to the MAX.
Lescott knows this and if he his brave enough to step outside his comfort zone and join a club with ambition and the will to win, then he will become a City player this week.

waterfootblues said:
For the past 30 years I have worked from time to time for a property manager who has a very successful wife who is a solicitor and runs a law firm and is now an MP. As a family they have shares in Wolves and for years they were raving about a central defender that played for the Wolves that was good enough to play in the premiership and will hopefully take them there. Wolves had no choice but to build their team organically as they had limited funds and it wasn't long before the big boys were knocking on the door enquiring about the special player they had. Wolves had become a club that struggled financially although they had great history.
The player was Lescott and the team to take advantage of the Wolves financial plight was everton.
This higher ground ploy from the everton fans is embarrassing and far from the truth.
We as a club are far more organic than they will ever be as is proven with our Acedemy and the players that have made the grade from the Academy. Richards. Ned. Ireland, Johnstone and to a point Joe Hart, Weiss and plenty more to come.
Moyes is the most overrated manager in the premiership for me. They got to the FA cup final, went 1-0 up and then Shit themselves. everton got BEAT because they showed a lack of ambition Moyes is a poor manager and has with a lot of luck overachieved to the MAX.
Lescott knows this and if he his brave enough to step outside his comfort zone and join a club with ambition and the will to win, then he will become a City player this week.
I respect your opinion about Moyes but I do not agree with it. I'm not being trying to be a traitor but I have to give credit where credit is due. Moyes has been working with a tight budget since he joined everton and has had great influence on players who might have not worked so well elsewhere (i.e cup-tied Jo) and this influence made them into top players. Just look at how Howard improved, Saha, a five million pound purchase in Jagielka, a formerly unknown Pinaar e.t.c. So please don't criticise a great manager just because he wants to hang on to one of his acomplished stars. If he really was a bad manager, he would have taken the money because Lescott isn't worth that much and he can bring in more players. But, he has choosen the hard road because he believe that lescott is a big piece of everton's puzzle and it would be almost impossible to replace him.

AmericanManC said:
waterfootblues said:
I respect your opinion about Moyes but I do not agree with it. I'm not being trying to be a traitor but I have to give credit where credit is due. Moyes has been working with a tight budget since he joined everton and has had great influence on players who might have not worked so well elsewhere (i.e cup-tied Jo) and this influence made them into top players. Just look at how Howard improved, Saha, a five million pound purchase in Jagielka, a formerly unknown Pinaar e.t.c. So please don't criticise a great manager just because he wants to hang on to one of his acomplished stars. If he really was a bad manager, he would have taken the money because Lescott isn't worth that much and he can bring in more players. But, he has choosen the hard road because he believe that lescott is a big piece of everton's puzzle and it would be almost impossible to replace him.

True about Lescott and its because he fits in with Everton's MO i.e scores from set pieces

kramer said:
AmericanManC said:

True about Lescott and its because he fits in with Everton's MO i.e scores from set pieces

I really hope we sign him as I feel he is the missing piece in our jigsaw and would love to see him in the sky blue !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.