Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubai Blue said:
Miserable Scottish Wanker said:
'Joleon picked up a hip injury in America so he didn't travel with the squad - why would I take an injured player?'
I don't know David, why would you name him in your starting 11 the night before?

He didnt. He didnt even name his starting 11 the night before. You lot are making a lot of stuff up on here. Or guessing. Which is the same thing.

Fellanis Hairdo said:
Ha! Strange then that there is a bloke on 606 with the same user name as you making many of the same comments as you - on the Everton board!

Everton are saying Lescott was injured at the weekend - IMO this tells us nothing, he may have been injured, he may not.

The simple fact of the matter is he hasnt said that he wants to go and Everton have said he is not for sale.

IMO I can see why he may want to go - Money but there are reasons to stay as well.....

Serious question - would Everton be prepared to extend his contract and give him a pay rise to help persuade him to stay?

Dyed Petya said:
Fellanis Hairdo said:
Ha! Strange then that there is a bloke on 606 with the same user name as you making many of the same comments as you - on the Everton board!

Everton are saying Lescott was injured at the weekend - IMO this tells us nothing, he may have been injured, he may not.

The simple fact of the matter is he hasnt said that he wants to go and Everton have said he is not for sale.

IMO I can see why he may want to go - Money but there are reasons to stay as well.....

Serious question - would Everton be prepared to extend his contract and give him a pay rise to help persuade him to stay?

Only if he wants to paid in Eccles cakes.

bowdonblue said:
Fellanis Hairdo said:

Loyalty - that's it. At City he will be better paid and have much, much better chance of winning some serious silverware in the next few years. If he does give up those opportunities to stay with Everton, then he is truly loyal, but I think he would look back and regret it when we start to really challenge.

Loyalty would be one. Dont forget though we are the only team that have broken into the top four recently - our first eleven is pretty good - we just havent got the depth of squad. I'd be suprised if we didnt finish above you next season IMHO. The season after when you've spent even more then maybe you'll be better but you cant honestly think its going to happen overnight?

Dyed Petya said:
Fellanis Hairdo said:

I'd be suprised. If its about money he will go. Ifs about anything else he will stay

Dyed Petya said:
Fellanis Hairdo said:

That's the last option out there we would think of. I doubt it, anyways but you never know.

Fellanis Hairdo said:
bowdonblue said:
Loyalty - that's it. At City he will be better paid and have much, much better chance of winning some serious silverware in the next few years. If he does give up those opportunities to stay with Everton, then he is truly loyal, but I think he would look back and regret it when we start to really challenge.

Loyalty would be one. Dont forget though we are the only team that have broken into the top four recently - our first eleven is pretty good - we just havent got the depth of squad. I'd be suprised if we didnt finish above you next season IMHO. The season after when you've spent even more then maybe you'll be better but you cant honestly think its going to happen overnight?
Your surprise at us finishing above you wouldn't seem to match every single bookmaker in the land, who all have us finishing, at least, in 5th place. Bookies very very rarely get this kind of thing wrong. Our starting 11, and our squad, are better than Everton now, the only way we won't finish above you is if there are teething issues/the squad takes time to gell.

Pabbers said:
Dyed Petya said:

Only if he wants to paid in Eccles cakes.

Asking him to turn down a lot of money to stay, then. Five years at GBP 90K per week as against 3 years at GBP 35K per week - even after taking the new 50% tax rate out of the equation, there's a difference of getting on for ten million quid. I appreciate that there are reasons other than money for Lescott to stay, but in terms of wealth he's not a guy like John Terry, who's been on a six-figure weekly salary for several seasons, and he might not get an offer like this again.

On the other hand, if Everton were prepared to go upwards of GBP 50K per week and give him another couple of years on his contract, it would be much easier for him to stay loyal.

Fellanis Hairdo said:
Dubai Blue said:
I don't know David, why would you name him in your starting 11 the night before?

He didnt. He didnt even name his starting 11 the night before. You lot are making a lot of stuff up on here. Or guessing. Which is the same thing.
One of your fans came on here and quoted the line-up from your official website.

I guess I should have known better than to take a Scouser's word at face value.

Fellanis Hairdo said:
Dyed Petya said:

I'd be suprised. If its about money he will go. Ifs about anything else he will stay
About anything else and he'll stay?

So if he wants to play for a side that will soon challenge the top 4/for the title, he'll stay at Everton will he?
Or how about if he wants to move to a club whereby if he gets to a final, his teamates won't buckle under the pressure?
Or maybe he's sick of Scouseland? I mean, he already lives just a stones throw away from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.