Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AmericanManC said:
waterfootblues said:
For the past 30 years I have worked from time to time for a property manager who has a very successful wife who is a solicitor and runs a law firm and is now an MP. As a family they have shares in Wolves and for years they were raving about a central defender that played for the Wolves that was good enough to play in the premiership and will hopefully take them there. Wolves had no choice but to build their team organically as they had limited funds and it wasn't long before the big boys were knocking on the door enquiring about the special player they had. Wolves had become a club that struggled financially although they had great history.
The player was Lescott and the team to take advantage of the Wolves financial plight was everton.
This higher ground ploy from the everton fans is embarrassing and far from the truth.
We as a club are far more organic than they will ever be as is proven with our Acedemy and the players that have made the grade from the Academy. Richards. Ned. Ireland, Johnstone and to a point Joe Hart, Weiss and plenty more to come.
Moyes is the most overrated manager in the premiership for me. They got to the FA cup final, went 1-0 up and then Shit themselves. everton got BEAT because they showed a lack of ambition Moyes is a poor manager and has with a lot of luck overachieved to the MAX.
Lescott knows this and if he his brave enough to step outside his comfort zone and join a club with ambition and the will to win, then he will become a City player this week.
I respect your opinion about Moyes but I do not agree with it. I'm not being trying to be a traitor but I have to give credit where credit is due. Moyes has been working with a tight budget since he joined everton and has had great influence on players who might have not worked so well elsewhere (i.e cup-tied Jo) and this influence made them into top players. Just look at how Howard improved, Saha, a five million pound purchase in Jagielka, a formerly unknown Pinaar e.t.c. So please don't criticise a great manager just because he wants to hang on to one of his acomplished stars. If he really was a bad manager, he would have taken the money because Lescott isn't worth that much and he can bring in more players. But, he has choosen the hard road because he believe that lescott is a big piece of everton's puzzle and it would be almost impossible to replace him.

you both make very good points, lescott should move on, he's too good for everton, if not to us then to a team with a real chance of silverware, us, united and liverpool could all give him that chance.its a world cup year he needs to be up there.

moyes btw is a top manager, on their budget he does a great job.

Having been away, for the weekend, is there anything further than the rumours we will walk away over Everton being Greedy, or just 100+ pages of Everton are a great Club and we are ruining the world not just football?

hello said:
Having been away, for the weekend, is there anything further than the rumours we will walk away over Everton being Greedy, or just 100+ pages of Everton are a great Club and we are ruining the world not just football?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1203854/Everton-boss-David-Moyes-defends-Joleon-Lescott-absence-Manchester-City-set-sights-Newcastles-Sebastien-Bassong.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ssong.html</a>

David Moyes insisted that Joleon Lescott sat out Everton's friendly draw at Coventry on Sunday with a hip injury and not because the England defender is any closer to joining Manchester City.
Moyes said: 'Joleon picked up a hip injury in America so he didn't travel with the squad - why would I take an injured player?'

Beside this nothing special.

To be honest I haven't a fooking clue what's going on with this transfer - however, if Lescott had picked up the injury in the US as Moyes says, why did he put him on the team sheet for yesterday's game?

dario2739 said:
To be honest I haven't a fooking clue what's going on with this transfer - however, if Lescott had picked up the injury in the US as Moyes says, why did he put him on the team sheet for yesterday's game?

Spot on. That's such an important point. Maybe Lescott got injured after Moyes named the team sheet.

alera said:
If I was Moyes I'd be pissed at another club pulling my team's strings.....The same as we were when SWP pulled out of the Macc game a few seasons ago when Roman called him to the table...but it was tempered by the fact that the 21+million we got more or less saved us from financial ruin.
We got on with it and didn't moan about "istree" and how unfair everything is and how a club that won the 1st divison championship when Kajagoogoo were no.1 shouldn't be selling to the likes of us..it's soooooooooooooooo boring.
But one piss-poor thing I do notice about Everton fans-and DSOB you're certainly not the first-is this fall back of "bigging up the rags" as a last resort attempt to get at us.

Sad mate.Really sad.

Cant agree more mate. I was at the Macc game when he was pulled out. We were all gutted but we got on with it and accepted it for what it was. Did I go on an Chelsea board and make 1000 posts on it. Did I fuck.

Its not like he has a sense of humour and is realistic. You go on another clubs board and make 1000 posts many of which are slagging of city fans and preaching what do you expect ?

Ha! Strange then that there is a bloke on 606 with the same user name as you making many of the same comments as you - on the Everton board!

Everton are saying Lescott was injured at the weekend - IMO this tells us nothing, he may have been injured, he may not.

The simple fact of the matter is he hasnt said that he wants to go and Everton have said he is not for sale.

IMO I can see why he may want to go - Money but there are reasons to stay as well.....

Miserable Scottish Wanker said:
'Joleon picked up a hip injury in America so he didn't travel with the squad - why would I take an injured player?'
I don't know David, why would you name him in your starting 11 the night before?

Fellanis Hairdo said:
Ha! Strange then that there is a bloke on 606 with the same user name as you making many of the same comments as you - on the Everton board!

Everton are saying Lescott was injured at the weekend - IMO this tells us nothing, he may have been injured, he may not.

The simple fact of the matter is he hasnt said that he wants to go and Everton have said he is not for sale.

IMO I can see why he may want to go - Money but there are reasons to stay as well.....

Loyalty - that's it. At City he will be better paid and have much, much better chance of winning some serious silverware in the next few years. If he does give up those opportunities to stay with Everton, then he is truly loyal, but I think he would look back and regret it when we start to really challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.