Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after watching that shambles of a defensive performance last night I am beginning to think that we should be telling Moyes/Everton to name their price because quite frankly at this late stage we cant afford to walk away from this deal! If I was Hughes I would also be straight on the phone to Hodgson this morning telling him that we want Hangelland.

Hughes could then pick 2 from 4 of Toure, Ned, Lescott and Hangelland and hopefully this would mean we would never have to witness Captain Calamity in a City shirt again!

OrigamiNinja said:
Well after watching that shambles of a defensive performance last night I am beginning to think that we should be telling Moyes/Everton to name their price because quite frankly at this late stage we cant afford to walk away from this deal! If I was Hughes I would also be straight on the phone to Hodgson this morning telling him that we want Hangelland.

Hughes could then pick 2 from 4 of Toure, Ned, Lescott and Hangelland and hopefully this would mean we would never have to witness Captain Calamity in a City shirt again!

It was just a friendly, not 100% going in, in other words. Owen missed 4 chances last night, does that mean united need to frantically search for a new striker this morning? No, it doesn't. I wish people would just pretend pre season doesn't exist and stop reading so much into it. Like I was trying to get across to some miserable, almost suicidal prick on 606 last night, Blackburn lost ALL of their pre season games in the 94/95 season.........however who won the league that year? People need to chill the fuck out and see where we are at xmas.

i was pretty seething after last nights showing (defensivley) bit calmer now tho, glad to see the lescott deal seems to be turning in our favour, but with out sounding too down he's not the answer alone, i keep forgetting komps, he'll make a difference imo, weather it be CB or DM last night when rangers were in the final 3rd we looked all at sea it was embarrasing to say the least, but komps is a cool calm charachter who reads the game well, and is a leader aswell! toure, ned, lescott and komps. . . . . . . . .thats 4 players i feel will improve our centre half problems

Pigeonho said:
OrigamiNinja said:

It was just a friendly, not 100% going in, in other words. Owen missed 4 chances last night, does that mean united need to frantically search for a new striker this morning? No, it doesn't. I wish people would just pretend pre season doesn't exist and stop reading so much into it. Like I was trying to get across to some miserable, almost suicidal prick on 606 last night, Blackburn lost ALL of their pre season games in the 94/95 season.........however who won the league that year? People need to chill the fuck out and see where we are at xmas.

I agree with some of what you write, yes it was a friendly and therefore doesnt matter BUT some of the issues that were apparent last night are not new issues. Dunne was awful last season, he was awful last night, he was not awful last night because it was a pre season friendly, he was awful because he is an awful player full stop! He should not be anywhere near the 1st team and it is worrying that 1 week before the start of the season he is not only in the starting line up but also wearing the captains armband. It is almost laughable that a team can spend £100 million and still have Dunne in the team! It is because of this that for me it is now imperative that we sign Lescott and preferably another centre back as well! We have had a great Summer in the transfer market and I am delighted with our signings but instead of celebrating what we have bought and being excited about the upcoming season all I can think about is our defensive problems! We need Lescott!

Makes me laugh that no matter what other defenders do or what mistakes they make, that more than a few posters go striaght for the jugular on Dunne.

It's disappointing, and it's why I think he should leave. Because those people will never change their minds, and they will never look at his performances with objectivity.

Lomas has a lob on said:
i was pretty seething after last nights showing (defensivley) bit calmer now tho, glad to see the lescott deal seems to be turning in our favour, but with out sounding too down he's not the answer alone, i keep forgetting komps, he'll make a difference imo, weather it be CB or DM last night when rangers were in the final 3rd we looked all at sea it was embarrasing to say the least, but komps is a cool calm charachter who reads the game well, and is a leader aswell! toure, ned, lescott and komps. . . . . . . . .thats 4 players i feel will improve our centre half problems
tend to agree there. although i didnt watch the game last night, when people put their 'ideal' team on here they seem to leave out kompany for de jong. IMO we look a much steadier and calmer side with kompany in it.

moomba said:
Makes me laugh that no matter what other defenders do or what mistakes they make, that more than a few posters go striaght for the jugular on Dunne.

It's disappointing, and it's why I think he should leave. Because those people will never change their minds, and they will never look at his performances with objectivity.

I say it how I see it, he is garbage!

Answer me this, if you were the manager of a club that had spent upwards of £150 million in the past 12 months would Richard Dunne be in your team?

OrigamiNinja said:

Oh if only If he starts this season I will be so pissed off

We just have to wait and see.

A lot of posters on various sites say we should give him a deadline! I say we shouldn't as the second we do that we are guilty of tapping up and we would have a very real chance of being deducted points.

We can set ourselves a deadline and if that leaks to the press then I guess it is unfortunate.

Moyes isn't stupid he will sell now, that is what kept Fergie at the top, he was always prepared to go 100% back on what he said and be a complete hypocrite to do the right thing for his teams at United and that often means star player going. L Any manager who would put pride or anger above the good of the team will never be better than mediocre and this is now a test for Moyes, does he care more about doing the right thing for Everton or his own pride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.