Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemoon1078 said:
chrisb182 said:
we paid £16m + for him in January when we could have got him for less than £500,000 this summer? That still bemuses me.

What bemuses me is why this shit keeps getting peddled when it simply isn't true!

A satisfactory explanation as to why this isn't true is still yet to be delivered IMO.

moomba said:
bluemoon1078 said:
What bemuses me is why this shit keeps getting peddled when it simply isn't true!

A satisfactory explanation as to why this isn't true is still yet to be delivered IMO.

So a direct statement from De Jong saying " If city had not have paid full price I had already agreed to stay at Hamburg and was happy there" does not indicate why we could not have got him in the summer for £500,000 ?

moomba said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Answer me this, if you were the manager of a club that had spent upwards of £150 million in the past 12 months would Richard Dunne be in your team?

No, but neither would any of the defenders that played yesterday.

And I'd certainly recognise that if the best defender in the world has to cover for other defenders deficiencies (that seem to be ignored by many) their own game would suffer.

Im sorry this is just a Pro Dunne cop out! He doesnt need to cover for other people when he is giving away stupid free kicks, he doesnt need to cover for anyone else when he is getting sent off, he doesnt need to cover for anyone else when he is smashing it in his own net. Need I go on?

This thread is a Lescott thread and should not descend into a Dunne bashing thread but watching Dunne last night just proved to me how desperate we are for Lescott! He is worth an absolute maximum of £20 million but after watching us 'defend' last night if we ended up paying £30 million for Lescott I wouldnt be bothered!

vbr said:
Think we should just walk away from this one, and leave Toure and Onouha as our starters with Dunne as backup. Bring in a relatively cheap buy for more defensive cover and ship out that fucking useless sack of shit Ben Haim.

Should explore the market abroad, for the alleged £22m offer for Lescott I'm sure for that price we can get someone as good as or even better than Lescott anyway.

we wont walk away and rightly so, good player and english. we have to look ahead, players like him are at a premium now never mind in a years time when uefa start rambling on again about 6/5 shit.

Diego1983 said:
Somud said:
I think it is clear that we need Lescott and another CB coming in. Ned and Toure can fight for one CB spot, while Lescott and a new CB can fight for the other. Both our new CBs should be excellent in the air and able to organize and string the defence together. And we desperately need Darijo Srna for our right back. Our right back is a major weakness and the options are available so bring him in ASAP. Richards is a complete joke out there on the right. He is neither a right back or a centre half. Bringing in a world class right back like Srna instead of Richards is a massive upgrade. We have to ask ourselves how many points we are willing to drop by not doing anything with the right side of defence.

we have Zabaleta, there is no need for anyone else just yet, we need to concentrate on just ! centre back and we will be just fine.

if we start saying we now need a right back, then it will be we have to get a new left back and then we will need a keeper!

All we need is a centre back,if its lescott then so be it, we will have a team that will challenge the top four...

some people on here are getting a little too greedy with wanting to sign more and more,think back to div 2 playoff final and look where we are now! just enjoy it and remember in years to come we will be the best team in europe but its not gona happen this season!

rant over lol sorry :(

How can we be challenging for the top 4 spots with one of the worst defences in the league, proven last season? There are massive weaknesses going on in our defence. Should we drop doing anything with it, because we played div 2 playoff some years ago? We need to realize that we have the means to build a great defence, but it will not be possible with so many donkeys back there. The goalkeeper is fine, nobody questions Given. Zabaleta is a midfielder. This very clear. He is played out of position at right back which demands pace. There is a reason why poor Richards get to play so much. When a player like Richards gets our starting spot at the right, it tells us that we have a massive weakness on the right. Let us focus on bringing in seasoned leaders for our defence, like Srna, Lescott and another great header and marker. This is what we need. Like this:

Srna (Zabaleta)
Toure (Nedum)
Lescott (New CB: Mertesacker? An organizer and 6'6, best defender in Bundesliga)
Bridge (Lescott, Barry, Srna)

This way, we can say goodbye to TBH and ziDunne. It is the best for both parties.

OrigamiNinja said:
moomba said:
No, but neither would any of the defenders that played yesterday.

And I'd certainly recognise that if the best defender in the world has to cover for other defenders deficiencies (that seem to be ignored by many) their own game would suffer.

Im sorry this is just a Pro Dunne cop out! He doesnt need to cover for other people when he is giving away stupid free kicks, he doesnt need to cover for anyone else when he is getting sent off, he doesnt need to cover for anyone else when he is smashing it in his own net. Need I go on?

This thread is a Lescott thread and should not descend into a Dunne bashing thread but watching Dunne last night just proved to me how desperate we are for Lescott! He is worth an absolute maximum of £20 million but after watching us 'defend' last night if we ended up paying £30 million for Lescott I wouldnt be bothered!
Have to agree,Dunne is a liability who doesnt instil confidence with those defending around him,i say ship him out to Everton where his Everton tattoo will feel at home.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
moomba said:

So a direct statement from De Jong saying " If city had not have paid full price I had already agreed to stay at Hamburg and was happy there" does not indicate why we could not have got him in the summer for £500,000 ?

Correct, straight from the horses mouth, the opportunity to pay 500k would never have come as his contract extension was all but signed until we came in with the money.

Dobsy87 said:
Somud apologies if you've answered this but I've not seen it: why are you obsessed with Dario Srna? As far as I can tell we have never been linked with him.

Dario Srjna has Seria A written all over him. Not strong or quick enough for the prem, hes a football manager player.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
moomba said:

Hughes Stated in an interview that he had indeed signed a new contract just before we signed him. One report going off old information jumped on the 500,000 and every paper followed suit. I've tried to say but to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.