Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OrigamiNinja said:
moomba said:
Makes me laugh that no matter what other defenders do or what mistakes they make, that more than a few posters go striaght for the jugular on Dunne.

It's disappointing, and it's why I think he should leave. Because those people will never change their minds, and they will never look at his performances with objectivity.

I say it how I see it, he is garbage!

Answer me this, if you were the manager of a club that had spent upwards of £150 million in the past 12 months would Richard Dunne be in your team?

Honestly.....no. I'd think he'd struggle to make the bench in all fairness.

I agree with someones observation earlier that people seem to prefer De Jong over Kompany? Is it because Hughes was adamant we paid £16m + for him in January when we could have got him for less than £500,000 this summer? That still bemuses me.

In my honest opinion my 'ideal' line-up would be: -

Given;
Richards, Onuoha, Lescott, Bridge;
Kompany(c), Barry;
Ireland;
Tevez, Robinho;
Adebayor

Subs:
Taylor
Toure
Zabaleta
De Jong
Petrov
Bellamy
Santa Cruz

I think it is clear that we need Lescott and another CB coming in. Ned and Toure can fight for one CB spot, while Lescott and a new CB can fight for the other. Both our new CBs should be excellent in the air and able to organize and string the defence together. And we desperately need Darijo Srna for our right back. Our right back is a major weakness and the options are available so bring him in ASAP. Richards is a complete joke out there on the right. He is neither a right back or a centre half. Bringing in a world class right back like Srna instead of Richards is a massive upgrade. We have to ask ourselves how many points we are willing to drop by not doing anything with the right side of defence.

Think we should just walk away from this one, and leave Toure and Onouha as our starters with Dunne as backup. Bring in a relatively cheap buy for more defensive cover and ship out that fucking useless sack of shit Ben Haim.

Should explore the market abroad, for the alleged £22m offer for Lescott I'm sure for that price we can get someone as good as or even better than Lescott anyway.

I agree with someones observation earlier that people seem to prefer De Jong over Kompany? Is it because Hughes was adamant we paid £16m + for him in January when we could have got him for less than £500,000 this summer? That still bemuses me.

De Jong was due to signed a new contract extention so he would have cost us more in the summer if we had waited plus other teams would have been interested. Thats the reason we paid £16m, and tbh it's not a lot these days plus it aint our money.

not my fault! said:

De Jong was due to signed a new contract extention so he would have cost us more in the summer if we had waited plus other teams would have been interested. Thats the reason we paid £16m, and tbh it's not a lot these days plus it aint our money.

People prefer De Jong over Kompany because De Jong IS a better dfm tham vinny, end of.

OrigamiNinja said:
Answer me this, if you were the manager of a club that had spent upwards of £150 million in the past 12 months would Richard Dunne be in your team?

No, but neither would any of the defenders that played yesterday.

And I'd certainly recognise that if the best defender in the world has to cover for other defenders deficiencies (that seem to be ignored by many) their own game would suffer.

Somud said:
I think it is clear that we need Lescott and another CB coming in. Ned and Toure can fight for one CB spot, while Lescott and a new CB can fight for the other. Both our new CBs should be excellent in the air and able to organize and string the defence together. And we desperately need Darijo Srna for our right back. Our right back is a major weakness and the options are available so bring him in ASAP. Richards is a complete joke out there on the right. He is neither a right back or a centre half. Bringing in a world class right back like Srna instead of Richards is a massive upgrade. We have to ask ourselves how many points we are willing to drop by not doing anything with the right side of defence.

we have Zabaleta, there is no need for anyone else just yet, we need to concentrate on just ! centre back and we will be just fine.

if we start saying we now need a right back, then it will be we have to get a new left back and then we will need a keeper!

All we need is a centre back,if its lescott then so be it, we will have a team that will challenge the top four...

some people on here are getting a little too greedy with wanting to sign more and more,think back to div 2 playoff final and look where we are now! just enjoy it and remember in years to come we will be the best team in europe but its not gona happen this season!

rant over lol sorry :(

Somud apologies if you've answered this but I've not seen it: why are you obsessed with Dario Srna? As far as I can tell we have never been linked with him.

chrisb182 said:
we paid £16m + for him in January when we could have got him for less than £500,000 this summer? That still bemuses me.

What bemuses me is why this shit keeps getting peddled when it simply isn't true!

Somud said:

In love with ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.