Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
svennis pennis said:
Somud said:
You judge him based on "radars" from premiership clubs? How many times have you seen him? You don't rate Arshavin or Vidic either? Arshavin is 28 and just joined Arsenal. But we all know that he is crap too. After all, where was the "radar"? What nonsense. There are fantastic players outside the premiership, in clubs with alot of money, like Russian or Ukrainian clubs, just to let you know.

I've seen him plenty of times and unlike you I dont rate him, I watch plenty of Croatia games and he rarely stands out there. Anyway, this is a Lescott thread. Why dont you start a Srna one and see how many people agree with you.

I don't think you have. The way you talk about "radars" just show that you haven't seen him, but judge based on what premiership clubs buy and don't buy. Well, enough with this.

If he is to be unveiled at the open day there will be ITK's galore....I hope so cos the defence needs bolstering for sure but I am not holding my breath.

Hangelaand is a good call. We have cover for LB so a decent CB will suffice. Alex? Upson? Metzelder? Or Chiellini can play CB and LB......

Balti said:
If he is to be unveiled at the open day there will be ITK's galore....I hope so cos the defence needs bolstering for sure but I am not holding my breath.<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Hangelaand is a good call. We have cover for LB so a decent CB will suffice. Alex? Upson? Metzelder? Or Chiellini can play CB and LB......

Unveiled today my arse! There's more chance of seeing Lord Lucan riding Shergar!

TalkShite said the deal for Lescott looks likely to be completed today. I had a lie in cos I am recovering from swine flu and still don't feel good, but what have I missed?

Malcolm Powder said:
Balti said:
If he is to be unveiled at the open day there will be ITK's galore....I hope so cos the defence needs bolstering for sure but I am not holding my breath.<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Hangelaand is a good call. We have cover for LB so a decent CB will suffice. Alex? Upson? Metzelder? Or Chiellini can play CB and LB......

Unveiled today my arse! There's more chance of seeing Lord Lucan riding Shergar!

Hughes stated last night we are no closer so I think we can ignore the Sun.

mrksdawn19 said:
TalkShite said the deal for Lescott looks likely to be completed today. I had a lie in cos I am recovering from swine flu and still don't feel good, but what have I missed?
OK, found the article in The Sun so I will treat it with the contempt that it deserves. Mind you, it would be a good way to complete the open day at the stadium

svennis pennis said:
Malcolm Powder said:

Agreed, I do wish we would sort out the defence though, the way Hughes was speaking about giving the midfield and defence time to gel makes it sound like he sees Dunne as a main CB.

Taylor said:
svennis pennis said:

Agreed, I do wish we would sort out the defence though, the way Hughes was speaking about giving the midfield and defence time to gel makes it sound like he sees Dunne as a main CB.

Well Hughes can expect to receive his P45 by Xmas then!

Not strictly Lescott (other than I hope he is coming) but since this thread has become in effect the "How badly do we need to strengthen our defence?" thread, here goes...

1) Please don't bury last night's defensive frailties under the "friendly" excuse. We were shocking at the back and made an ordinary Rangers team look like Barcelona when they attacked us.

2) Richard Dunne is clearly current whipping boy but he simply draws attention to himself because he IS prepared to make a full-on committed challenge, and a couple last night were awfully mistimed and he would have got close to a red card in a normal league game.

3) And this is my main point... I cannot believe that Micah Richards is anywhere near our first team. After the hype of his first season this guy must be the most overrated player in the entire Premier League. He jogs around the pitch, puffing out his chest as though he is a star player and contributes very little either to attack or defence.
Although not a big fan of Dunne - I would drop MR as my first priority.

4) Hopefully Bridge can improve on last season and Toure can settle down with better partners in the defensive unit.

we could get Hangeland for half the money Lescott still aint put in a transfer request we need to get the defence sorted quick if we have to rely on Dunne and TBH we really are in the shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.