Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OrigamiNinja said:
Taylor said:
Agreed, I do wish we would sort out the defence though, the way Hughes was speaking about giving the midfield and defence time to gel makes it sound like he sees Dunne as a main CB.

Well Hughes can expect to receive his P45 by Xmas then!

Im starting to get the impression we will be seeing Dunne as captain this season. If we sign Lescott I wouldnt be surprised to see him move Toure to right back and leaving Dunne as CB. He was all over the place again last night and would of seen red in a full blooded premier league game as well as nearly picking out our bottom corner.

Sorry to have to say this but if Dunne is to be the bedrock of our defence again for next season we will lose more games with him in the team than without what with the own goals and stupid sending offs could cost us an awful lot of points

Whether we fail to get Lescott (which is obviously a possibility) or not we need to look at adding at least one more defender. The signings of Barry, RSC, Tevez and Adebayor are exciting and give us a potent strikeforce, however it wasn't upfront that we struggled last season, we managed 58 league goals. Where we struggled was at the back, we conceded 50 goals in the league, 50!!! That's a huge number, no-one else in the top 10 conceded more. It's clearly in defence that we need to strengthen the most, adding Toure is a start but we need another centre half and possibly a right back. I just hope this Lescott saga, if it ends badly for us, hasn't put us on the back foot when it comes to getting other targets in.

we should get hangeland and alves aswell.lescott has trouble with his knee and if toure gets injured dunne and tbh will be their cover !!! (yikes) i shudder at the thought

Blueglen30 said:
we could get Hangeland for half the money Lescott still aint put in a transfer request we need to get the defence sorted quick if we have to rely on Dunne and TBH we really are in the shit

Dunno if you realised but I think, last time I checked, Kolo Toure and Nedum also played for us....

Remember this also people Toure is away for up to 6 weeks come December a crucial time of the year to lose a first choice defender

Bazzmand Show said:
Blueglen30 said:
we could get Hangeland for half the money Lescott still aint put in a transfer request we need to get the defence sorted quick if we have to rely on Dunne and TBH we really are in the shit

Dunno if you realised but I think, last time I checked, Kolo Toure and Nedum also played for us....

and we shipped three last night. what do we do when either or both are not fit ?

bobmcfc said:
Bazzmand Show said:

and we shipped three last night. what do we do when either or both are not fit ?

Play one or both of, Dunne and Kompany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.