Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Daily Express.

JOLEON LESCOTT will brace himself for an angry backlash from Everton supporters tonight as Manchester City get ready to launch a third bid for him.
England defender Lescott trained yesterday following his recovery from a hip injury and is in David Moyes’s squad for the home friendly against Malaga.
This promises to be an uncomfortable night for Lescott, who told manager Moyes on Monday that he wanted to move to City even though Everton say he is not for sale.
Lescott, whose return to fitness comes 24 hours before Fabio Capello names his squad for next week’s friendly in Holland, can expect catcalls.
City offers of £15million and £18m have been rejected but they are weighing up a renewed bid, thought to be in the region of £22m.
That would almost certainly be dismissed as well, but Mark Hughes intimated yesterday a new approach is forthcoming, which will hardly help fractured relations between the clubs.
“We can only try to speak to Everton,” said City manager Hughes. “We have made bids and they have been rejected.
“Until we get the opportunity to get around the table and possibly discuss the deal, we don’t know if it is something that will happen.
“At the moment it looks like Everton don’t particularly want to come to the table and we have to respect that.”
Cristiano Ronaldo’s £80m move from Manchester United to Real Madrid underlined how every player has a price, and Everton are realistic enough to know there is a figure that would no longer make keeping Lescott against his will a sensible option.
A fee of £30m has been floated amid the debate over Lescott’s future – admittedly neither by Moyes nor Everton chairman Bill Kenwright.

Dobsy87 said:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRREEED with this now.

Bored isn't the word, infact I don't think there's a word which exists to express how bored I am with it!

I think we should leave him now and let Moyes have an unhappy player on his hands. We can then go in for him in January when he's rotted in the reserves for a bit, (not his fault), and we get him for £15m. In the meantime I would look at one of Michael Dawson, Woodgate, take a punt and go for Ramos at Madrid or see if we can get Van Buyten for £8m or so. Ok he's pushing 30 but the experience he must have gained since he was here in 03' must have made him even better, and he was already awesome. All we have to do is get better than Dunne, and all of those, in my opinion, are better than Dunne. Throw some money at it, hardcore money I mean and lets stop being a pussy with this Lescott deal.

FUCKING MOYES!

He'd rather crush his players reputations and force them against their will's than let us have one more player, one more player!

WAKE UP YOU TWAT!

Your'e just making it worse for Everton! Everyone in the team will get pissed of by this, team morale will smash its way through the floor and if he doesn't let this happen I dont think Everton will qualify for UEFA next year.

Also Mr. Moyes, you'll have to get a replacment for Lescott either way it goes, he's not going to give a shit if he's still playing for you next season, so it would help if you took our 20 million before we piss off!

Anyway, rant over, if this deal comes off it will be good for us, if it doesn't it could be even better for us. Say we pull out and even if we dont get anyone, we can play kompany, who you could argue is better than Lescott anyway.

....................given....................

zabaleta....toure....kompany....bridge

.............de jong......barry.............
...................ireland....................
tevez................................robinho

...................adebayor..................

Doesn't look so bad does it?

Pigeonho said:
In the meantime I would look at one of Michael Dawson, Woodgate, take a punt and go for Ramos at Madrid or see if we can get Van Buyten for £8m or so. Ok he's pushing 30 but the experience he must have gained since he was here in 03' must have made him even better, and he was already awesome. All we have to do is get better than Dunne, and all of those, in my opinion, are better than Dunne. Throw some money at it, hardcore money I mean and lets stop being a pussy with this Lescott deal.

Woodgate is injured, is he not? That's why Twitcher is after Bassong.

Fingers crossed the new bid is accepted and he is pulled from the game with Malaga tonight.

I think we've come to the end of the line with this one. I sincerely hope they have other targets lined up if this final bid is rejected. Anyone would think JL is the only top defender in europe. Bloody MH and his transfer tunnel vision ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.