Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
m27 said:
svennis pennis said:
Its a shame about Lescott but is he the player we really need?

In my opinion we need a true leader, a player that will become the spine of the team and put the fear of god into opposition strikers. Lescott is not that player. The rags have got, Vidic and Plug, The dippers have Skrtel and Carragher and Chelsea have Terry. Lescott is not that type of player, he is not a leader, he wont galvanize the side, we need an orchestrator.

Forget Lescott now, someone so spineless who cant stand up to Moyes for the sake of progressing his career will never become the backbone of this team.

Thanks Jolene but your time has passed now.

We need a central defender with a left peg. Stop being so dramatic.

How is that dramatic? We need a leader, Lescott is not that player. For me it should be one of Toure/Lescott and a leader type. We have Toure, who I prefer anyway so for me Lescott is not the answer.

svennis pennis said:
m27 said:

How is that dramatic? We need a leader, Lescott is not that player. For me it should be one of Toure/Lescott and a leader type. We have Toure, who I prefer anyway so for me Lescott is not the answer.

In my eyes, we need a centre half with a left peg more than a leader. Given, Toure and Barry are all talkers and will play every game when fit, a leader is not our preference. If Lescott doesn't sign it's not the end of the world but a left footed central defender tops it all off. If Lescott doesn't join I think it's incredibly disrespectful to Ned to demand that someone signs.

richards30 said:
who`s this westermann i`ve heard a few talking about? is he any good?

Hes not a bad striker :-) <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q1uvybimVg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q1uvybimVg</a>

Bluemooner33 said:
richards30 said:
who`s this westermann i`ve heard a few talking about? is he any good?

Hes not a bad striker :-) <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q1uvybimVg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q1uvybimVg</a>

isn,t he the guy from minder and new tricks....????....

m27 said:
svennis pennis said:

In my eyes, we need a centre half with a left peg more than a leader. Given, Toure and Barry are all talkers and will play every game when fit, a leader is not our preference. If Lescott doesn't sign it's not the end of the world but a left footed central defender tops it all off. If Lescott doesn't join I think it's incredibly disrespectful to Ned to demand that someone signs.

I disagree. Vidic and Plug, neither are left footed. We need more than a left foot. Ben Haim is left footed isnt he? I would rather we play Kompany or Nedum over a new player but Hughes seems to want a new CB and is obsessed with Joleon. DOnt get me wrong he is a very good player, just not what we truly need.

m27 said:
svennis pennis said:
Its a shame about Lescott but is he the player we really need?

In my opinion we need a true leader, a player that will become the spine of the team and put the fear of god into opposition strikers. Lescott is not that player. The rags have got, Vidic and Plug, The dippers have Skrtel and Carragher and Chelsea have Terry. Lescott is not that type of player, he is not a leader, he wont galvanize the side, we need an orchestrator.

Forget Lescott now, someone so spineless who cant stand up to Moyes for the sake of progressing his career will never become the backbone of this team.

Thanks Jolene but your time has passed now.

i think svennis is spot on.

svennis pennis said:
m27 said:

I disagree. Vidic and Plug, neither are left footed. We need more than a left foot. Ben Haim is left footed isnt he? I would rather we play Kompany or Nedum over a new player but Hughes seems to want a new CB and is obsessed with Joleon. DOnt get me wrong he is a very good player, just not what we truly need.

And that's your opinion, which I would never say is wrong. But....although it isn't essential you have someone with a left foot in the central pairing it sure as hell helps!!! He is obsessed with Lescott because he is coming into his prime and is a left footed international centre half. Can't see the problem myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.