Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluesyob said:
BlueMooner87 said:
has it been announced or anything yet to confirm we are fooking it off?
just ssn saying city have had a meeting with kenwright and he is refusing to sell to a direct rival for a champions league spot! there bloody confident arent they lol
lol we should have given him a copy of that little footy book out of the mirror lawro has Everton finishing 8th next season behind us spuds n villa

wantefc said:
Your obviously a young ld so im not gonna get into an arguement with you....but just for a minute imagine if the boot was on the other foot.. would you want City to roll over??

If we had a player that wanted to leave I would want us to do everything we could to get a good price for him. And I would want to make sure that a deal was done, as I wouldn't want us having an unhappy player on our hands.

Particularly if the price we have already been offered is far and above more than what the player is actually worth.

moomba said:
wantefc said:
Your obviously a young ld so im not gonna get into an arguement with you....but just for a minute imagine if the boot was on the other foot.. would you want City to roll over??

If we had a player that wanted to leave I would want us to do everything we could to get a good price for him. And I would want to make sure that a deal was done, as I wouldn't want us having an unhappy player on our hands.

Particularly if the price we have already been offered is far and above more than what the player is actually worth.

He's contracted for another 3 years.....we dont have that many top class centre halves who are as good at leftback....im sure we are as ambitious as city obviously without the money so the price is irrelevant...if we dont want to sell then we dont have to even if Lescott spits his dummy....as i said if the price reaches £25mill then he can go with my blessing...lets face it ...you can afford

bluesyob said:
BlueMooner87 said:
has it been announced or anything yet to confirm we are fooking it off?
just ssn saying city have had a meeting with kenwright and he is refusing to sell to a direct rival for a champions league spot! there bloody confident arent they lol

Everton ARE a Champions League team. In the women's division that is.

Well Everton have said all along that they weren't going to sell Lescott, and it turns out they were telling the truth. Can't see a problem with City testing that stance out with a couple of bids, but we REALLY REALLY need to move on now. It remains to be seen whether this turns out to have been a wise decision by Moyes, because the money on offer was absolutely top whack for a player of Lescott's ability. Also, if Lescott was keen on the move, and has had 'words' with Moyes, this could have an effect on Everton's much vaunted team spirit. Still, none of this is our problem. Our problem remains that we need to strengthen our defence, preferably with a strong left sided defender with Premiership experience to play alongside Toure. Got to be Upson really hasn't it?

wantefc said:
He's contracted for another 3 years.....we dont have that many top class centre halves who are as good at leftback....im sure we are as ambitious as city obviously without the money so the price is irrelevant...if we dont want to sell then we dont have to even if Lescott spits his dummy....as i said if the price reaches £25mill then he can go with my blessing...lets face it ...you can afford

Thats nice, he's not worth £25m though so you can keep him and hope his own form doesn't suffer because he wants to play elsewhere.

£20m you could have bought another one or two defenders, maybe another player to pad out a pretty small squad. £0m you can make do with what you've got.

That might be your preference, and good luck to you if it is. I know if I was in your boat I'd be gutted at the missing out on a great opportunity to build and improve my squad.

And in 2 and a half years time, we might make a sneaky approach with a view to signing him for nothing when he is just reaching his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.