Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
not my fault! said:
Balti said:
I'm not having that. Everton are not a bigger club than City. Like a few other clubs they have had more success than us in recent years, nay, decades. But that is more to do with the complete effin mismanagement that this glorious club had to endure by tinpot owners with limited ambition and a fractured board structure for way too long. i.e. post-Swales.

Look back to when City were in their pomp for a better comparison of the clubs and wait for the re-run about to begin.

I respect what Everton have achieved. They have a very proud history like ourselves. They are one of the bigger clubs in the league and have the third biggest attendance record of all time after City and someone else at Maine Rd.

But lets not pretend that they 'succeeded' despite a lack of money either. Historically they were bank-rolled by the Moores family of Littlewoods Pools fame and even now sit high in the football rich-list:

Rich List Top 20
1 Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Man City) £15billion
2 Lakshmi Mittal and family (QPR) £12.5bn
3 Roman Abramovich (Chelsea) £7bn
4 Joe Lewis (Tottenham) £2.5bn
5 Bernie and Slavica Ecclestone (QPR) £2.4bn
6 Stanley Kroenke (Arsenal) £2.245bn
7 Alisher Usmanov (Arsenal) £1.5bn
8= Lord Grantchester & the Moores Family (Everton) £1.2bn
8= Dermot Desmond (Celtic) £1.2bn
10= Lord Ashcroft (Watford) £1.1bn
10= Malcolm Glazer and family (Man Utd) £1.1bn
12 Simon Keswick (Cheltenham) £966m
13 Trevor Hemmings (Preston) £900m
14 Mike Ashley (Newcastle) £800m
15 Randy Lerner (Aston Villa) £750m
16 Tom Hicks (Liverpool) £700m
17 The Walker Family (Blackburn) £660m
18 Mohammed Al Fayed (Fulham) £650m
19 Sir David Murray (Rangers) £600m
20 Steve Morgan (Wolves) £400m

The fact that these people now appear to be as tight as a ducks arse and let Kenwright take the strain may now be Everton's problem!!

Crowds are an indicator of how 'big' a club is. And City have always been amongst the biggest. Let them take the piss about the meaningless game that we didn't want to be in in the old third division but apart from that we have consistently been one of the biggest draws in the country regardless of all the obstacles placed before us. At times the very biggest. Strange for a small club with no history. FPMSL.

Think you will find it's £550 Billion mate not £15.... ;-)

ADUG is £550 billion as a collective not just sheikh mansour on his own

g180aj said:
not my fault! said:

ADUG is £550 billion as a collective not just sheikh mansour on his own

Not quite. ADUG is effectively Sheikh Mansours investment company.

The 650bn is the collective worth of the Abu Dhabi sovereign fund (Mansours family) and the investment arm of that is known as ADIA

not my fault! said:
Balti said:
I'm not having that. Everton are not a bigger club than City. Like a few other clubs they have had more success than us in recent years, nay, decades. But that is more to do with the complete effin mismanagement that this glorious club had to endure by tinpot owners with limited ambition and a fractured board structure for way too long. i.e. post-Swales.

Look back to when City were in their pomp for a better comparison of the clubs and wait for the re-run about to begin.

I respect what Everton have achieved. They have a very proud history like ourselves. They are one of the bigger clubs in the league and have the third biggest attendance record of all time after City and someone else at Maine Rd.

But lets not pretend that they 'succeeded' despite a lack of money either. Historically they were bank-rolled by the Moores family of Littlewoods Pools fame and even now sit high in the football rich-list:

Rich List Top 20
1 Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Man City) £15billion
2 Lakshmi Mittal and family (QPR) £12.5bn
3 Roman Abramovich (Chelsea) £7bn
4 Joe Lewis (Tottenham) £2.5bn
5 Bernie and Slavica Ecclestone (QPR) £2.4bn
6 Stanley Kroenke (Arsenal) £2.245bn
7 Alisher Usmanov (Arsenal) £1.5bn
8= Lord Grantchester & the Moores Family (Everton) £1.2bn
8= Dermot Desmond (Celtic) £1.2bn
10= Lord Ashcroft (Watford) £1.1bn
10= Malcolm Glazer and family (Man Utd) £1.1bn
12 Simon Keswick (Cheltenham) £966m
13 Trevor Hemmings (Preston) £900m
14 Mike Ashley (Newcastle) £800m
15 Randy Lerner (Aston Villa) £750m
16 Tom Hicks (Liverpool) £700m
17 The Walker Family (Blackburn) £660m
18 Mohammed Al Fayed (Fulham) £650m
19 Sir David Murray (Rangers) £600m
20 Steve Morgan (Wolves) £400m

The fact that these people now appear to be as tight as a ducks arse and let Kenwright take the strain may now be Everton's problem!!

Crowds are an indicator of how 'big' a club is. And City have always been amongst the biggest. Let them take the piss about the meaningless game that we didn't want to be in in the old third division but apart from that we have consistently been one of the biggest draws in the country regardless of all the obstacles placed before us. At times the very biggest. Strange for a small club with no history. FPMSL.

What's a few hundred billion between friends..... ;-)
lol

Can we rename this the City Vs Everton debate for realistic title of content inside this thread?

I couldn't give a flying fuck about who is the bigger club. At the end of the day history belongs in the past and it's what will happen in the future that'll change everything.

Anyway I think Lescott will stay @ Everton now. We would have heard about him putting in an official transfer request all over the show and him being close to signing for us but it's not happened for whatever reason. I'm at the stage where if he signs then that's great but if he doesn't then it's no great loss and we'll just move onto our next target. It needs sorting out sooner rather than later either way so we can move on with our preperations for the ever nearer season of 2009 - 2010 kick-off.

i haven't got a tv near me at the moment but i just went browsing toffee talk and someone on there said that SSN were reporting that everton have denied that lescott has made any kind of formal transfer request!

He hasn't handed in a formal, written transfer request. But the impression Sky were giving is that he has said that he wants to leave.

I mean basically there is no smoke without fire. And there is a lot of fucking smoke.

He has not put in a written transfer request.

It definately wont happen unless he does this and at the moment he seems to have pussied out. His loss really is if he is willing to be bullied by Moyes out of such a great move for him.

At the moment I cant see this happening for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.