Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as they say assumption is the mother of all fuck ups - its not 100% until hes in front of the cameras in the city shirt.

TBH I amazed its not happened but there you go; you cant account for the player being a pussy and Everton being irrational.

alera said:
The best defence in the league, Rags, CHelsea and Liverpool rarely change their defensive line ups unless they have to.

True. But they all have decent managers as well, don't they. It's not just about consistency - it's also about having a coaching staff that know what they want the players to do.

I don't want to turn this into a Hughes-out rant (crap though he undoubtedly is), but he is inexperienced compared to their managers and he had never been a defender either. It would hardly be surprising if he didn't know how to coach the back four from a positional/tactical/defensive point of view, would it.

EDIT: I loathed the style of football psycho had us playing, but we didn't leak many goals, did we. One of the best defensive records in the league at the time (Was it THE best?) Having been a defender all his life, he knew what we needed to do. By contrast, as a player Hughes never went into his own penalty area and (coincidence?) our defence is shambolic.

sky tot said:
RobbieBrewer said:
The best CB we've had since Watson...and we couldn't afford the £2.5million at the time.
31 now but I'd give him a two year deal tomorrow.
think he only played 5 times for city and people make him out to be a city legend.

He was awesome mate.Just ask Bayern.

Chippy_boy said:
alera said:
The best defence in the league, Rags, CHelsea and Liverpool rarely change their defensive line ups unless they have to.

True. But they all have decent managers as well, don't they. It's not just about consistency - it's also about having a coaching staff that know what they want the players to do.

I don't want to turn this into a Hughes-out rant (crap though he undoubtedly is), but he is inexperienced compared to their managers and he had never been a defender either. It would hardly be surprising if he didn't know how to coach the back four from a positional/tactical/defensive point of view, would it.

EDIT: I loathed the style of football psycho had us playing, but we didn't leak many goals, did we. One of the best defensive records in the league at the time (Was it THE best?) Having been a defender all his life, he knew what we needed to do. By contrast, as a player Hughes never went into his own penalty area and (coincidence?) our defence is shambolic.

The only reason we didn't cooncede was because were rarely had players going forward, hence only 9 home leage goals.

They wern't solid defensive performences, they were everyone back to man up the barricades.

He was awesome mate.Just ask Bayern.

Still plays for Bayern they even let Brazils captain go before him.

Think of all the years service we would have had out of him for £2.5 million. What really hurt was all the shit keegan brought in for big money and we couldnt scrape the money together to keep him.

Hi guys, Everton fan in peace here.

Over the last week or so I think we have been resigned to losing Joleon but now a lot of us think he's here to stay. I know some of you dont rate him that highly and think moyes is trying to take the piss on the value but you dont realise just how important he is to us. Him and Jags formed an immense partnership and now Jags is injured Joleon is 1 of 2 fit CB's!!! There is literally him and Yobo, thats it. He is also our 2nd Left Back as well as being a natural leader and if he goes Moyes would have to buy a top CB and a top LB just to replace him, then try and bed them into the season as we go along which could cost us so many points. If Jagielka was fit I think moyes would have said ok and let him go but we just cant afford to right now.

As for him handing in a transfer request and forcing the issue because we dont want an unhappy player, Moyes again holds all the cards as he know's Lescott will play out of his skin even if he is unhappy. The reason being that if his form drops he will not make the world cup squad.

Anyway good luck for the season ahead and if you do crack the top 4, just make sure it's at the expense of the the fat spanish waiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.