Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thierry said:
mikeyboy said:
interesting what cahill has said about lescott. if a bigger club came in for him that had a small bit of ambition, sounds like he would be doing the same and writing that transfer request as well! happy days.

where did Cahill say that?

he is one of the players who is everton through and through

LOL at how long this thread is

the press got him after the international and asked him about Lescott .....was on SSN last night

Cahill basically said that he didn't know if Lescott was staying or going but he also mentioned the money side and amazing offer that only come rarely so he can understand if Lescott did join us etc.....

Cahill's interview is on the Sky Sports website. Whilst people are taking the positives he also says Joleon will be playing for Everton on Saturday and will give everything. Sounds like it's going to be a deadline day deal if anything happens.

"He's Everton through and through" or "Hes City till he dies" are always bullshit quotes.

Yes, players sometimes get loyal to a club but only because they're comfortable there, well paid and settled in the area.

It isn't because they are a fan of the club. Nearly all pros say "I supported.......when I was a kid" but when they're in the game they're much less bothered.

Dillon said:
Cahill's interview is on the Sky Sports website. Whilst people are taking the positives he also says Joleon will be playing for Everton on Saturday and will give everything. Sounds like it's going to be a deadline day deal if anything happens.
To be honest I'd imagine Cahill hasn't got a clue what's going on with this deal.

I picked this up from news now....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.offthepost.info/2009/08/moneybags-man-city-are-now-paying-for-access-to-medical-records/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.offthepost.info/2009/08/mone ... l-records/</a>

Because £18 million is reasonable for someone with a long-term injury problem, but £22 million…

Manchester City are effectively offering Everton £4 million for a glimpse at Joleon Lescott’s medical records. The Citizens have offered £18 million for the defender but will not improve their bid without checking they are not paying for a new physio room play buddy for Michael Johnson.

Reports suggest Mark Hughes would then be willing to part with £22 million once he is satisfied that Lescott is in decent shape.

It remains to be seen whether the additional money on offer would make David Moyes any more willing to part with the 26-year-old.

Nothing earth shattering in the article but I suppose it backs up what Stu was saying yesterday??

No Cahill is one of the very few players in todays game who really cares about the club he plays for and its fans, everton do seem to have quite a loyal team and cahill sticks out. I think even if we put a £30,000,000 bid in for cahill they would say no.

it isn't a matter of if lescott signs no, it is when will he sign. Everton fans no longer want him, £22,000,000 will get us lescott.

Sam Eto's P45 said:
I picked this up from news now....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.offthepost.info/2009/08/moneybags-man-city-are-now-paying-for-access-to-medical-records/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.offthepost.info/2009/08/mone ... l-records/</a>

Because £18 million is reasonable for someone with a long-term injury problem, but £22 million…

Manchester City are effectively offering Everton £4 million for a glimpse at Joleon Lescott’s medical records. The Citizens have offered £18 million for the defender but will not improve their bid without checking they are not paying for a new physio room play buddy for Michael Johnson.

Reports suggest Mark Hughes would then be willing to part with £22 million once he is satisfied that Lescott is in decent shape.

It remains to be seen whether the additional money on offer would make David Moyes any more willing to part with the 26-year-old.

Nothing earth shattering in the article but I suppose it backs up what Stu was saying yesterday??
Thats bullshit, because what it suggests is that City will offer 18m records unseen.

Thierry said:
No Cahill is one of the very few players in todays game who really cares about the club he plays for and its fans, everton do seem to have quite a loyal team and cahill sticks out. I think even if we put a £30,000,000 bid in for cahill they would say no.

it isn't a matter of if lescott signs no, it is when will he sign. Everton fans no longer want him, £22,000,000 will get us lescott.
I cna't really agree with your first paragraph, for £30m they'd snap our had off for Cahill, that's Rooney/Alonso/Robinho territory, and Cahill isn't anywhere as good as those three. Plus, given the chance of leaving for a Champion's League team, I reckon Cahill would be on his way.

As for the second paragraph, I hope you're right but I'm not as confident. This all hinges on the Moyes/Lescott relationship, if Lescott makes it clear he won't at all be happy if he's forced to stay then Moyes, I believe, will sell him for £22m. If Moyes thinks he can keep Lescott without him being too great a disruptive influence then he'll stay.

Matty said:
Thierry said:

I cna't really agree with your first paragraph, for £30m they'd snap our had off for Cahill, that's Rooney/Alonso/Robinho territory, and Cahill isn't anywhere as good as those three. Plus, given the chance of leaving for a Champion's League team, I reckon Cahill would be on his way.

As for the second paragraph, I hope you're right but I'm not as confident. This all hinges on the Moyes/Lescott relationship, if Lescott makes it clear he won't at all be happy if he's forced to stay then Moyes, I believe, will sell him for £22m. If Moyes thinks he can keep Lescott without him being too great a disruptive influence then he'll stay.

cahill has already said a few weeks ago when he leaves everton he is going back to austrailia.

Moyes is a great manager but surely he knows everton HAVE to spend because of other clubs, he cant keep going on a shoestring budget every year and it doesnt look like they are being taken over anytime soon. £22 million could buy him around 2/3 players maybe even 4 with his track record. They already have two great defenders in jagielka and yobo and look like they will be signing senderos soon, yes i know jagielka is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.