Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darker shade of Blue said:
I doubt Hughes will go to war with Moyes over this deal .
As a manager , he needs friends in the game , and making enemies , especially one as popular with all the other managers as Moyes is wouldn't be beneficial . I can see this ending fairly amicably one way or another .

well, err, popularity might not count for a lot. I can hardly see people giving the cold shoulder to someone in a such a position of influence as Hughes is, just because he fell out with good old Moyesy. Also, I think many outsiders would recognise that Moyes threw the first stone by implicitly criticising Hughes in public. And thirdly, I'm not really convinced that Moyes is liked as much as he is respected. He seems a very garrulous, insular character.

Beyond all that, don't they say that everyone wants to be your friend when you have money? Every door is open, even if they curse you behind your back. And who gives a crap about that? :)

Having said all that, I do hope that this ends quickly and as amicably as possible. If Moyes is pissed off at the end of it, I'd suggest it was more to do with the situation at Everton, than Hughes' attempts to 'exploit' it. That's the way things work. He can't stop clubs bidding for players under contract, he can't even stop the behind the scenes stuff that accompanies it... I think he's more concerned with his control over business at Everton. It's all very well saying he has to have total control, but it's more than possible that he will be gone in 2/3 years time, he doesn't have to worry about the new stadium or the long term financing, that's the owners business.... so his interests (maintaining a successful team and garnering plaudits for his management) don't always strictly coincide with those of Everton FC.

bizzbo said:
I doubt Hughes will go to war with Moyes over this deal .
As a manager , he needs friends in the game , and making enemies , especially one as popular with all the other managers as Moyes is wouldn't be beneficial . I can see this ending fairly amicably one way or another .

well, err, popularity might not count for a lot. I can hardly see people giving the cold shoulder to someone in a such a position of influence as Hughes is, just because he fell out with good old Moyesy. Also, I think many outsiders would recognise that Moyes threw the first stone by implicitly criticising Hughes in public. And thirdly, I'm not really convinced that Moyes is liked as much as he is respected. He seems a very garrulous, insular character.

Beyond all that, don't they say that everyone wants to be your friend when you have money? Every door is open, even if they curse you behind your back. And who gives a crap about that? :)

Having said all that, I do hope that this ends quickly and as amicably as possible. If Moyes is pissed off at the end of it, I'd suggest it was more to do with the situation at Everton, than Hughes' attempts to 'exploit' it. That's the way things work. He can't stop clubs bidding for players under contract, he can't even stop the behind the scenes stuff that accompanies it... I think he's more concerned with his control over business at Everton. It's all very well saying he has to have total control, but it's more than possible that he will be gone in 2/3 years time, he doesn't have to worry about the new stadium or the long term financing, that's the owners business.... so his interests (maintaining a successful team and garnering plaudits for his management) don't always strictly coincide with those of Everton FC.

I don't worry too much about Moyes leaving m8 .
If the time comes , then so be it , but I think he'll be here for a little while yet , and if we see success , then who knows .

As for your m8's question , I think it was against Liverpool 3-0 , and Arsenal 1-0 , though not sure why it's a big deal . The league is decided over 38 games , not 8 .

bizzbo said:

If the time comes , then so be it , but I think he'll be here for a little while yet , and if we see success , then who knows .

As for your m8's question , I think it was against Liverpool 3-0 , and Arsenal 1-0 , though not sure why it's a big deal . The league is decided over 38 games , not 8 .

but the ultimate position within the Sky 4 is decided over 8 games, and if you don't beat them, you won't break into them. Do I have to repeat the question? WHAT YEAR!!!!!!!!!

exiled in munich said:

but the ultimate position within the Sky 4 is decided over 8 games, and if you don't beat them, you won't break into them. Do I have to repeat the question? WHAT YEAR!!!!!!!!!

06-07 I think .
We tend to get too many draws against the top sides .
I agree , to be the best , you have to beat the best , but not so easy to do it with a small squad regularly . We're competing in most of these matches though .

Right enough is enough, I am off to Lamm's...... by the time I return I shall expect him to have signed, played 2 games for us and been awarded Player of the Month... (now their is optimism) have a good one people...

exiled in munich said:
Right enough is enough, I am off to Lamm's...... by the time I return I shall expect him to have signed, played 2 games for us and been awarded Player of the Month... (now their is optimism) have a good one people...

Drink well and enjoy the weekend bro .
Tough first match for both our teams .

exiled in Mu**ch said:

Drink well and enjoy the weekend bro .
Tough first match for both our teams .

TY, but to qoute one of my mate's over here, who is a complete nutcase and a Burnley fan -

"You've only got bastards! - that will be easy!"

We shall see, right I need to spend some time with a big, black American called Jack

See you later

Looks like the deals on, dippers bid for Taylor, where have they got that 8million from??? LoL
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/93788/-8m-Taylor-made-for-Moyes-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... or-Moyes-/</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.