Lescott + more

It looks like Moyes wants Jo on loan again so maybe some deal could be struck if they sell us Lego Head.

Lescott would be a quality signing for us no dobht. The only problem is Moyes the old basterd will try and rob us in broad daylight just like BFS tried in January for RSC. However I really hope we can get him for around £13-15m, would be a good deal for both clubs and would seriously bolster our defence.

Glen johnson would be a brilliant signing for us but i think SPArky should send micah richards, joe hart, Jo out on loan.

10.Goater_Legend said:
Lescott would be a quality signing for us no dobht. The only problem is Moyes the old basterd will try and rob us in broad daylight just like BFS tried in January for RSC. However I really hope we can get him for around £13-15m, would be a good deal for both clubs and would seriously bolster our defence.

£13-£15m wouldnt be a particularly good deal for us to be honest. Lescott's a key player for us and so we'd need more then that to make it a good deal for us. Were not as broke as a lot of people on here seem to think we are... we dont need to sell players and can spend a reasonable amount (ok not compared to City but we do have funds) so its not a case of "we must sell to survive".

I think Moyes would try and take you for as much as he could, rightly so too! You have money to burn and £20m+ would give us enough money to replace Lescott and strenghten another area of the team. there would be no point in selling him if we only got enough money to replace him with a similar or inferior player.

svennis pennis said:
When asked whether he would be interested in a move to City, Lescott said: “That’s not a question I want to be answering. Nobody has said to me otherwise, so I’m an Everton player.
“We don’t hear too much when we are away with England, so I don’t know what’s going on.”

Sounds really committed to Everton there lads.

Taken from the times.

Also for the same article...

Asked by the persistent interviewer whether he could be swayed away by Champions League footballer, Joleon said that playing in Europe was important, but not specifically the Champions League.

"Maybe not so much Champions League, but playing European football does help a lot," he added.

"The Europa League will be a great standard and we will be in there next season.

I'm not saying your wrong in reading between the lines on him refusing to comment, but equally the above could be argued against his desire to move.

Personally i read it as...

"If Everton accept a bid for me i'd be interested in speaking to City. However i'm happy here and not looking to engineer a move away".

ToffeeAndy said:
10.Goater_Legend said:

£13-£15m wouldnt be a particularly good deal for us to be honest. Lescott's a key player for us and so we'd need more then that to make it a good deal for us. Were not as broke as a lot of people on here seem to think we are... we dont need to sell players and can spend a reasonable amount (ok not compared to City but we do have funds) so its not a case of "we must sell to survive".

I think Moyes would try and take you for as much as he could, rightly so too! You have money to burn and £20m+ would give us enough money to replace Lescott and strenghten another area of the team. there would be no point in selling him if we only got enough money to replace him with a similar or inferior player.

I think your right... However Hughes showed in January that he'll walk away when the price gets stupid (RSC).. So i can only see him staying if it goes above 18 million..... Despite a pant load of your fans coming on here annoying us, i actually quite like Everton so good luck next year......

city_boy92 said:
Glen johnson would be a brilliant signing for us but i think SPArky should send micah richards, joe hart, Jo out on loan.

Good call on Micah out on loan - might just get his ego to understand the need to make effort and prove he is worth a place - not just expect one 'cos he was quite good 3 years ago

Johnny_on said:
ToffeeAndy said:
10.Goater_Legend said:

I think your right... However Hughes showed in January that he'll walk away when the price gets stupid (RSC).. So i can only see him staying if it goes above 18 million..... Despite a pant load of your fans coming on here annoying us, i actually quite like Everton so good luck next year......

I think £18m would be a fair value for him to be honest. I'd like us to hold out for £20m, but equally City probs dont value him that high so i'd say £18m seems a fair deal.

I think our fans have just been on here annoying you lot because some of the prices people were quoting i.e. £10-£12m were quite disrespectful to our team, and also the assumption that City could just walk in and take our players because we were so skint which isn't the case.

I think we've maybe set the record straight though and most fans on here now seem a bit more realistic about what it would take to get Lescott.

There's been quite a lot of winding up going on admitedly but I think most of its just been harmless banter to be honest, I dont think anyone's come on here to deliberately pi$$ anyone off.

Thanks for the support for next season... same to you, although not too much as we still wanna finish above you ;)

Hi ToffeeAndy, yeah of course Moyes would try to take us for a ride regarding the fee (that's his job after all eh?), but I'm not sure that will work. Look at Given, Barry, Bridge, none of those players were signed for what you would term a ridiculous fee. And when Big Fat Sam tried to pull a fast one with RSC in january we just walked away.

We will pay over the odds, but only for the really big name players (Kaka, Robinho etc.). I don't know what Lescott's true value is - I don't watch him enough to say - but I would be VERY surprised if we offered more than £15m. Or maybe £12-13m and Jo on a season's loan. Barry was £12m, he is (IMO) a better player than Lescott, but also older than him and in the last year of his contract. That, and the £14m-£15m bandied around for Hangeland, a comparable player, sets the benchmark. £12-14m is fair, I would say - that is a decent profit for you after having had excellent value out of him on the pitch. Especially if his head is turned.

Of course, you won't see it like that...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.